We booked this hotel on the basis of Tripadvisor reviews; we are so glad that we did.My wife and I stayed for 2 weeks in the 'superior double' at the front of the hotel.
It is a gem--it has a great location in the pedestrian only old town overlooking the old harbour (which means a 150 metre walk from where the taxi drops you); it's rooms are of good size with plenty of storage space, A/C that works really well and a good strong safe. They are decorated in a style which suits the 16th C Venetian building but are functional as well. The bathrooms are smallish but everything worked well--a really strong shower and very adequate ventilation
Towels are changed every 2 days and bedding every fews days too.
The breakfasts served in the main hall/reception are literally just outside the bedroom doors and they are just about the best breakfasts we have ever had (if you are not looking for fry- ups that
is) Everything fresh with good variety and served leisurely to suit you.
Lastly --the staff of whom there are only 3--Nicos the owner, Antonia who's does all the administration and the breakfasts --and who is a mine of information and Maria who keeps the place looking beautiful!
They are quite the nicest ,most sincere and helpful people you could wish to have look after you.
They really are to be treasured.
In fact we found Cretans--in Chania--to be generally incredibly friendly and helpful
The old town of Chania itself (where Casa Leone is situated) is delightful with a good range of restaurants and shops of a touristy but not tacky nature. Our favourite restaurants were Akrogiali for fish, Ellotia for fantastic steaks and Tamam for cheaper but good food. To Stachi is a very interesting vegetarian restaurant too. Antonia will tell you how to find them.
We really enjoyed our stay and will return; and we not stay anywhere else but Casa Leone which is perhaps one of the very best small hotels we have ever stayed in!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to "Casa Leone" Hotel in the heart of the Venetian port of Hania. The entrance to the hotel is from number 18 Theotokopoulou the first side street you meet. The building, erected 600 years ago, has been restored in order to regain its original Venetian look with impressive results. The romantic atmosphere which prevails everywhere transports you far back in time. The Casa Leone Hotel is available the whole year. The rooms, double, triple and suites, are comfortable and luxurious. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Casa Leone Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Leone Hotel Chania Town
- Casa Leone Chania
- Casa Leone Boutique Hotel Crete/Chania