“Lovely guest house but at luxury hotel prices”

Casa Leone Boutique Hotel
Ranked #5 of 114 Chania Town B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 April 2013 via mobile

Lovely guest house but at luxury hotel prices. While can appreciate the basis for the rave reviews for this establishment, we feel that the reviews do not distinguish between the location (which is superb, but which is shared by a range of other similar guest houses) and the 'hotel'. If you are used to top end hotels and real boutique hotels in tourist locations with similar or lower prices (150 euros per night in early april when many gorges, boat trips are not yet open for the season) and your expectations may well be higher than this smallish and very charming guest house can meet. Only one actual criticism, other than the orice: Service was very friendly and willing but often we returned mid-afternoon to rooms not yet cleaned or in the process of cleaning. As for the rooms the one with the largish terrace is worth having.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank KathrynBlue
There are newer reviews for Casa Leone Boutique Hotel

Reviewed 29 March 2013

You couldn't ask for a better view,nicer rooms or more amiable service. If you want your own private balcony room 4 doesnt have one, though you can use the main one. That didn't detract from our stay though and as for the breakfasts,they're second to none. Perfection.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2013

The other reviewers do not exaggerate when they say how beautiful this hotel is -- it is the perfect size for a boutique and is exceptionally well-done. The hotel was been renovated beautifully and they have really thought about every modern convenience you would like -- from satellite television (which I did not watch) to wireless to air conditioning. I have not seen a lot of description about the service, so, I am going to talk about that here.

I arrived after getting lost on my way from the bus station (i.e., I did not want to drive from Heraklion) and trundling through town with my suitcase rolling behind me. The hotel does overlook the Venetian Harbor, but, the entrance is in the warren of narrow streets back behind. Adding to the difficulty in finding it, at least for me, was that the narrow streets were being torn up and replaced, so it was hard to believe that the hotel was down a dirt path (but, it was).

I showed up around 1PM, hungry, tired and dirty and feeling quite put out. But, they put me right into my room and offered to make me tea or coffee after I got myself settled a bit. I came out to the main room for the coffee and found that the coffee was accompanied by cookies and cake and wonderful fruit salad. This was so welcome, and I sat right at the windows and looked down at the harbor and felt much more human almost instantly. That kind of service and attention was evident throughout my stay. I will dream about my time there and will absolutely go and stay there again, should I ever return to Chania.

BTW -- I rated the sleep quality as "very good" because there was a rooster that crowed incessantly in the 7AM hour. Not much they can do about that, I realize, but all the same.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 March 2013

beautiful rooms. Great service. Perfect location on the old venetian port. Our room had a small roof terrace with table and chairs overlooking the port. Rooms are exquiisitely restored. No cars are allowed in the old town. Park at the north west corner of the old town near the maritime museum and walk from there.

Room Tip: we had the double bed room upstairs
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2013

We LOVED staying in Chania. This is a well overdue review. We had the room that had two stories and opened up into a balcony that looks over the bay. It was beautiful sitting there every night listening to music, watching tourists walk by and just enjoying the ocean air. Antonia was helpful in planning some activities we did there and also gave us a great greek breakfast every morning. Nikolas, the owner, was also very hospitable, always giving us coffees and icecream whenever he was around. It truly felt like we were a guest in their home. Could not recommend this place any more.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Erica K
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Small Staff – Fantastic Service
Great rooms – each decorated in a different style
Fantastic antique furniture in each room
Quiet - Walk to everything
Special requirements honored – (early breakfast)
Lobby made me feel like I was at home
I will stay again – I recommend it

Room Tip: Honeymoon suite has a large fantastic, private balcony
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Maria, that welcomed us, is a delight. Nothing a problem and although there was a lot of road reconstruction outside it didn't spoil our trip at all. Breakfast could have fed a hungry family of 4 all day and the views were wonderful. Location just a short stroll from shops, cafes and restaurants. We stayed in the suite upstairs, the bed was huge and very very comfortable and the balcony view beautiful. I am already planning a trip back in the spring.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple