It was our first time in beautiful Crete and Old Chania, and we were looking for a charming boutique hotel, close to the harbour. We found it a Casa Leone! We are fortunate enough to be able to travel extensively throughout the world and have stayed at many exceptional hotels, towns and cities. Casa Leone and Old Chania stood out for us above all. First the hotel. Nestled away amongst a maze of pedestrian walkways, we found our oasis with the help of locals. Tucked away at the end of beautiful walkways, our home away from home for a week awaited us. We were not disappointed. Casa Leone is spacious, period charming and impeccably maintained. Our rooms were spacious, fully equipped. No complaints there. We initially booked the room overlooking the boardwalk with the sensational views. This room had a generous living area with bed sofa, TV, fridge and closet. The open second level had the master bedroom. Very nice. We are light sleepers and had a problem with the street noises at night (dance music begins a midnight and ends at 6 am) our hosts were very accommodating and moved us to a mirror image back room away from the early morning noise. All was fine. IF YOU ARE LIGHT SLEEPERS, request any room other than the two facing the harbour. What made our stay above all was the service, and hospitality we received from the owner Nick, Tonia and Maria. The were amazing and went out of their way to make our stay memorable. Absolutely everything was looked after by them. Information on where to go and how to arrange it was handled by them as requested. Each morning we woke to be greeted by our beautiful Tonia, with her infectious smile and outstanding breakfast. We couldn't wait to see her each morning. Would we return, without question, we were so looked after, the small hotel was outstanding and Old Chania is spectacular. We are eagerly planning our return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to "Casa Leone" Hotel in the heart of the Venetian port of Hania. The entrance to the hotel is from number 18 Theotokopoulou the first side street you meet. The building, erected 600 years ago, has been restored in order to regain its original Venetian look with impressive results. The romantic atmosphere which prevails everywhere transports you far back in time. The Casa Leone Hotel is available the whole year. The rooms, double, triple and suites, are comfortable and luxurious. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Casa Leone Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Leone Hotel Chania Town
- Casa Leone Chania
- Casa Leone Boutique Hotel Crete/Chania