My husband and I spent 9 nights at Casa Leone for our honeymoon in August. We can not say enough about the hotel, the staff, Chania - our entire trip was magical!!!! The hotel is small, only 5 room - we stayed in room #5 the honeymoon suite. The room has a GREAT balcony (HUGE!) overlooking the Old Harbor. It's a great place to enjoy a glass of wine in the evening and watch everyone below stroll along the harbor.
Breakfast was amazing! The best Greek yogurt we've ever had in our lives with amazing honey to top it off. Breakfast was huge and more than we could eat everyday. Coffee was great too!
The staff was top notch! Vasso and Maria made our stay exceoptional - they really looked out for us. Both ladies helped us find our way around, recommended some great things to do and see and made sure we were always well fed and happy! Their personal care is something you won't find at bigger hotels.
Chania, and Crete in general, is absolutely beautiful. We've traveled throughout Europe and Crete is a unique and special place. We relaxed on white (and black!) sand beaches. hiked 10 miles through the Samaria Gorge and eat at tiny, family-run tavernas built into mountain sides. Chania is a great town - tons of nightlife, winding streets with shopping and amazing museums. It is a nice mix of tourists and locals - very few Americans. The Creten people were so nice and we felt extremely safe everywhere we went on the island.
If you ever visit Crete, please stay at Casa Leone. You'll be happy you did - we'll certainly be back again!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to "Casa Leone" Hotel in the heart of the Venetian port of Hania. The entrance to the hotel is from number 18 Theotokopoulou the first side street you meet. The building, erected 600 years ago, has been restored in order to regain its original Venetian look with impressive results. The romantic atmosphere which prevails everywhere transports you far back in time. The Casa Leone Hotel is available the whole year. The rooms, double, triple and suites, are comfortable and luxurious. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Odigeo, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your Casa Leone Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Leone Hotel Chania Town
- Casa Leone Chania
- Casa Leone Boutique Hotel Crete/Chania