We had a lovely 4 days in Casa Leone in Sep 2010. The B&B is an historic building in the picturesque old part of town with a lot of character and charm. Our room had a balcony with fabulous views over the Old Harbour which has already been mentioned by other reviews. The only minor point was the small bathroom due to renovation restrictions associated with heritage buildings. However, the views certainly made up for the small bathroom!
The staff Anna, Andronici, Maria, Nikos at the B&B were very friendly & extremely helpful which made the stay most enjoyable. For examples:
1. Restaurant recommendations - seafood restaurant on the outskirts of town, the restaurant was literally on the sand and waves were lapping just a metre away from our table good food; the Well of the Turk in the old part of town had superb Turkish food ; Tamam had good quality Greek food. On the night of arrival, we just wanted a casual dinner and got recommended a restaurant just few doors down from Casa Leone, the food was tasty & reasonable about 10 Euro for a fixed price menu with several dishes, it was full moon that night and it was just magic!
2. We hired a car from Pan car rentals which Casa Leonie recommended. They too were very good, delivering the car to the B&B for us. Paper work was done on the spot which saved us a lot of time
3. Maria kept the room spotless and also taught us how to make towel swans.
4. One night Anna & Nickos had to sit in the lounge till 4am waiting for guests that arrived late. Our hosts certainly went beyond the call of duty especially for these guests who were rather inconsiderate.
We hope to return soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to "Casa Leone" Hotel in the heart of the Venetian port of Hania. The entrance to the hotel is from number 18 Theotokopoulou the first side street you meet. The building, erected 600 years ago, has been restored in order to regain its original Venetian look with impressive results. The romantic atmosphere which prevails everywhere transports you far back in time. The Casa Leone Hotel is available the whole year. The rooms, double, triple and suites, are comfortable and luxurious. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Casa Leone Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Leone Hotel Chania Town
- Casa Leone Chania
- Casa Leone Boutique Hotel Crete/Chania