All reviews roof garden shower curtain the owner old town charming hotel balcony overlooking family room mini fridge first floor bed was very comfortable lovely room chania harbour restaurants and shops visiting chania stayed here for nights air con the hotel staff
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here 26 years ago and had always been minded to return. The opportunity to return with our teenage children we grabbed at the chance. We had the family room which was very well designed on two levels, this room was possibly the best solution for a family room that I have come across and we have stayed in alot over the 20 years. This room looks over the street behind the harbour, away from the hussle and bussle of harbour,giving a better nights sleep we thought. Everything was spot on. The beds were very comfortable and supportive. The aircon worked and provided a comfortable environment for sleeping. Balcony is great for people watching.
The roof garden gives a great view round and across the harbour.
We plan to return to Chania and Nostos.
Thank you for the stay.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

The hotel is very nice, originally decorated, personnel is friendly and breakfast is top notch. Having said that, try to get the room with the harbour view: there is a supplement of course, but the view is priceless. I have been completely spoiled by sitting on the balcony above the port and cannot imagine now to go elsewhere in Chania.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 936marco
Reviewed 1 April 2018

We stayed in room No 1 on the first floor. Just as well since there is no elevator. But the room was spacious, high roof, with a balcony overlooking the old port. We could actually see the lighthouse while lying on our double old-style iron bed. The bed was very comfortable.
There was a sofa and a desk. A mini fridge which was empty and it didn't work well. A quite spacious closet with a small safe for valuables. Lots of mirrors and plugs.
There were a table and two armchairs on the balcony. However the balcony is not too spacious. Just enough to sit back and enjoy a coffee and the view.
The bathroom has a shower curtain which makes it a bit hard to keep the bathroom floor dry at all times.
The breakfast was continental with a rather small selection of coffee.
The biggest assets of the hotel are the view of the port, the wonderful decoration and the friendliness/hospitality of the owner.

Room tip: The room #1 on the first floor has a great view but perhaps a little more noise. I didn't mind it.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 26 March 2018

This is a beautiful old hotel filled with nautical charm and old world decor. We chose the room at the very top with the balcony overlooking the harbor. It was a kind of suite, with the bed in a loft area and a sitting room below. Request this room! It is wonderful! The bed was comfortable and the view was absolutely perfect. Everything was clean and comfortable. My only problem was with the shower, which was small - that I could deal with, but the shower curtain was of the type that wraps all the way around, so it kept sucking in and sticking to me as I showered - not a pleasant experience. Then the water got all over the floor anyway, so we ended up having to use our bath towels to sop it up rather than saving them for later or the next day. Having said that, I would still stay here again. The shower issue was a small price to pay for the charm of the place.

Room tip: Pick a room with a view of the harbor
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gypsypirate49
Reviewed 4 March 2018

We've got the room without the window (the window was, but it was 50cm from the wall, but that fact didn't upset us at all.
The room was big, nice and absolutely different to standart rooms in the hotel. The decorative fire place was also to the place.
The hotel itself is worth to be visited because of its roof terrace with a great view on the habour and city (only wires interfere).

Room tip: Better to see yourself I enjoy the one we've got, but my girlfriend was missing the window.
Date of stay: August 2017