“The best place I've stayed at!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Madonna Studios

Madonna Studios
London, United Kingdom
“The best place I've stayed at!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed at Madonna Studios for 4 nights and it was like staying with family. Thomais and her daughter Avrilia are the most hospitable and genuine hosts imaginable. We were welcomed with a delicious apple pie and cookies (with traditional cheese pies the day before we left); the room was very clean and comfortable, with absolutely everything we might need - I can't think of a single thing that would need to be improved. Thomais suggested some restaurants for us and all her recommendations were spot on!
I can't recommend Madonna Studios enough - this is such a wonderful place, you would need to see it to believe it!

Room Tip: We had a room with a balcony overlooking the patio and it was great!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank alondana

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Hebrew first
Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

My mother & I arrived late at night & were welcomed by the gorgeous Thomasia at our taxi & drawn into her beautiful guesthouse. She had home baked cake & cookies waiting for us and our room was perfect. Her lovely daughter Lily gave us plenty if suggestions on what to do & see and our stay was absolutely wonderful. I loved Madonna Studios & recommend it to all travelers!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank btzar
Edson, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

This boutique hotel is amazing! Believe everything you read! Thomias met us at our taxi and walked with us there. I was in awe of the setting of Madonna studios, it really is very surreal. Thomias showed us to our room and let us get settled in. We were welcomed with homemade apple pie, bottle of water, homemade cookies! She came back and gave us a map and info of Chania, restaurants to eat in etc.
Our room was perfect, also had a balcony. It was so clean and attention given to every little detail! Thomias brought us fresh out of the oven spinach pie, raki. One morning Greek coffee, fruit, yogurt and bread. She also did our laundry and did not charge for any of this!!! When checking out I tried to give her tip but she refused it, said she loves to Madonna studios and would not take the tip!!! Such a kind, generous woman. We left a bottle of wine and tip in our room anyways, the hotel is amazing but she really is what makes it standout from any other hotel I've stayed at! Location is great if I am ever fortunate to visit this beautiful island again I would stay at Madonna studios!!

Room Tip: We had a room with balcony, overlooked the garden, beautiful!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank sharon a
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

Madonna Studios is a spotlessly clean, comfortable place to stay in the charming old town of Chania, Crete. Madonna is located in a beautiful quiet street with no vehicles and lovely gardens and surrounding old buildings. I was immediately made to feel very welcome and provided with home made apple pie and ice cream which i enjoyed in the delightful courtyard surrounded by flowers. I had a comprehensive tour of my room and found that my every comfort had been catered for. Thomais and her lovely daughter and son in law were so friendly and hospitable providing any information I needed to help make my stay more comfortable. I stayed in the ground floor room and slept like a baby! My only regret is that I only stayed one night. Next time will be for longer!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

I really should not leave a review, I would like to keep this wonderful place a secret so that there are rooms free when I want to visit again! But in fairness, it was the excellent reviews that led me to this lovely accommodation so it is only fair to add another!

Firstly, the communication after booking was excellent, queries dealt with in a prompt and friendly way by email. As we were mum and daughter travelling together alone for the first time to Crete we appreciated the taxi that was arranged to collect us at the airport and the owner, Thomais meeting us at the taxi on arrival. Thomais led us through the winding, car-free streets to Madonna Studios.

We were shown our room, we had a separate bedroom, sitting area with kitchen and sleeper sofa which opened onto our balcony overlooking a flower filled courtyard. The bathroom opened off the bedroom. It was perfectly clean, welcome air conditioning, with useful items like an iron, hairdryer, coffee maker and full size refrigerator.

Thomais had provided home made biscuits, apple cake, freshly squeezed orange juice, coffee, tea, sugar and milk. An excellent start after a cramped budget flight from the UK! She gave us a map and directions to recommended restaurants, explaining some of the history of this delightful town.

Throughout our stay we were treated to Thomais's homemade treats, such as ice cream, cheese filled pastries and each morning fresh orange juice. We ordered breakfast at additional cost on two mornings, but most days we had yoghurt from the local store with some of the homemade biscuits and the excellent thyme scented honey Thomais kindly gave us.

Help and advice were provided whenever we needed, this is not a property where the owner rarely makes an appearance! Thomais's daughter and son in law are also at the property on a regular basis and we had many enjoyable chats with them. They were kind enough to show us the larger room on the top floor and I would definitely want to book that room in future if we returned as a family. It has two patio areas with great views!

The location here is excellent, a short walk to the harbour, ten minutes to the city beach or to the bus stop where you can travel to some stunning beaches along the coast. Local buses are cheap and frequent and we found getting around quite easy, although if we came back with my husband we would probably hire a car for a few days to explore further. The town itself is very easy to navigate on foot.

This was a real home from home, we were sad to leave and hope to return. So pleased we found Madonna Studios, the place is beautiful but it was the people and the welcome that made it outstanding!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank FozzyCannock
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

This hotel is AMAZING!!! there is not enough adjectives to describe the great time me and my family had at Madonna studios. We got there pretty late at night and Ms.Thomais patiently waited for us and even volunteer to pick us up in case we needed it . When we got there even though it was very late she took her time to show us our beautiful, spacious room, and helped us we everything we needed. She even had a home-made pie and cookies waiting for us and made home-made ice cream for us! the room was very beautiful, with a very nice view, and two patios where we had our home made greek breakfast served next morning.The hotel is very clean and cozy and is perfectly located close to all you need to see in Chania. If you are going to Chania don't think twice ! you won't regret staying at this hidden gem!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

Had a great stay at the Madonna Studios. Conveniently located in the heart of the Old Town of Chania. Our hostess was adorable and spoiled us with yummy homemade treats. Will definitely consider a return visit to this charming little studio.

• Stayed May 2013