“Fantastic!”

Ranked #32 of 109 Hotels in Chania Town
devon, england
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

I can honestly say I have not received a warmer, more genuine welcome than the one offered here. Elena really is the perfect host, who by the way speaks English, which is really great if your Greek is as limited as mine.

As previous posts state Elena and her family run a fantastic hotel: spacious, clean, excellent breakfast, wifi across the whole site -inc the pool. The pool and the view were what led me to book here for three nights of chilling out at the end of two weeks island hopping. I was not disappointed, both were even more amazing than the pictures on the website. The pool was really quiet, and again, immaculately clean.

The location of the hotel is great on many fronts: mid way between Chania and the airport; opposite a bus stop and taxi rank; near to some great cafes (which I would have missed if not for Elena), a supermarket, bakery etc; and finally near some smaller towns where you can find some great tavernas for an authentic Greek meal (again recommended by Elena).

All of this, at the price they charge, cannot be missed. Thank you Elena!

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Even before we arrived at this hotel we experienced great customer service. Eleni advised us of the rooms available and gave us a choice. She also told us how much to expect to pay for a cab from the airport and was generally very helpful.

On our arrival, which was late evening, we were shown to our rooms by Eleni's mother. Eleni's sister then told us where we could get a bite to eat nearby - she was our personal restaurant guide for the short (too short) time we were there. Thank you Cristina.

We spent most days lounging around the pool and I can honestly say Eleni was so attentive, helpful and friendly we couldn't have picked a nicer place to stay. She even went out of her way to get some rose wine for us and personally delivered it to us by the pool along with crisps and then water melon on a daily basis. She cooked our eggs to order in the mornings, got us yogurts and even whisked up your cappucino if so desired. Nothing was too much trouble!

On a less personal note the rooms were very clean, the air conditioning worked, the pool lovely and the views beautiful.

If you want a wonderful hotel with friendly caring staff near the stuning town of Chania I would definitely recommend this hotel. A big, big thank you to you and your family Eleni.

We will definitely be returning to this hotel and will be booking the flights as soon as they are released.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jocelyn C
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I spent 4 nights in this hotel last weekm in late June/Early July in 2013. The hotel is run by a family that is 100 percent dedicated to making your stay the most enjoyable it can be.
Upon a call to this hotel with only 2 days notice, Elenee one of the sisters set up a rental car for me had them meet me at the port of Iracklion, where I came in by Ferry from Sanotrini. The rental car agent met me at the port and in 5 minutes I was on my way in a mini bus with my family to the hotel. Seamless ! This was very imprtant to me as I was traveling with my dad who cannot walk very well these days.
Upon arriving at the hotel, at a very late hour I was greeted with a big smile by another sister Christina, and due to the late hour all formalities were skipped and we were just handed the key and allowed the 9 of us (a mini family reunion) to go to sleep.
The rooms are clean and air conditioned however due to the geographic position of the hotel, high above chania there is a beautiful breeze that comes thru the hotel rooms. AC is likely not needed on most nights.
At breakfast the next morning I was greeted by yet another family member, their mother who showed us the buffet breakfast and then proceeded to cook us eggs to order. Extremely nicely set up breakfast with warm genuine conversation. I have to mention that they serve genuine fresh sqeezed orange juice for breakfast.
On level 2 of the hotel there is a very large veranda that overlooks the city of Xania (Chania) with a spectacular view. Small tables allow guests to sit and enjoy the view and breeze. The pool is absolutel delightfull huge spotless, and well maintained. Palm trees, grapes vines hanging out back and olive trees surround this oasis of a pool.
A quick request for a suggestion for dinner to the staff, had us driving to central Xania about 10 min by car. The meal we had was the best we had all trip. True atmosphere 4 wall roofless, live traditional Greek Music and great food for a very reasonable price.

Accessing the port to return to Piraues by Ferry we left from Souda Bay, whoch is 10 min in the opposite direction than down town and very easily accessed from this hotel....
A mini market, 24 Hour is also next door.

Service and Hoslitality with a great location, view and knowledge of the area are what I think of when rememberring this Hotel. Highly recommended to others....

Thanks
Rob

Room Tip: Floor 3..View and viranda
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rob_Greensboro_1
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 16 June 2013

excellent location as a base for vacation in the western part of Crete for couples and for families.
The hotel is located 4 minutes away from the city center.
There is a parking for the car
We spent three nights
Nice and warm hospitality. Superb service from all staff
Tasty breakfast
Rooms are clean.
Second floor has a large terrace with sea view
Large & well maintained swimming pool
Nice bar and pool table
it was a Perfect family holiday

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We stopped here for a night en route to Chania airport. The hotel is in an excellent location for the airport and about 10 mins drive into the Old Town. The welcome from Elena and her family was very warm. The breakfast was extensive and very enjoyable - nothing seemed too much trouble. The public areas are very spacious and the rooms too. The style is not designer chic; but it is spotlessly clean, comfortable and very well looked after. There is a mini market, bakery, and fruit and veg shop just next door - ideal for stocking up on supplies for your onward journey. The pool is about 18m long and is a delightful spot to while away a few hours - our kids thought it one of the highlights of their holiday. I would highly recommend this hotel for a stopover at either end of a Cretan holiday or for those wishing to spend a couple of days or so in Chania.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Washington State
Reviewed 30 September 2012

This hotel is great and the staff could not have been better, they took care of us and genuinely seemed to care about their guests. Thank you for all you did and I hope to be back sometime. The view from the 3rd floor is amazing especially at sunset!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Tim C
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I stayed here only one day and night after spending three weeks on the south coast. It is a very well kept property and has been in the same family for many years. I had to drop a friend off at the airport at 6AM and chose Monte Vardia because it is on the airport road, has good clean rooms with great views back down to Chania and its harbor. They were able to let me have my room at 6AM and I spent the day in town, at their pool, and enjoying the views. The next morning it was 15 minutes to drop my rental and get my flight.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends