“Moderate hotel”

Ranked #44 of 108 Hotels in Chania Town
Thessaloniki, Greece
“Moderate hotel”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

The hotel was less than we expected. The rooms need serious reconditioning so as the bathrooms.The ceiling in the room we stayed was peeling off, from the moisture i guess.Breakfast was very very basic. The price was good for Chania at this time of year, but in this price we have stayed in much more better hotels elsewhere. A good thing was the location.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ep14881

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We had some bad luck with our prior hotel reservation and needed to find accommodation from zero! With just a phone call you helped us by providing excellent service even in last minute reservation!!!!
We will certainly come back next summer!!! You were so warm and helpful. Thank you very much for everything!!!!!!!!!!!! Mrs. Lena and Mr. Ilia!!
Eirini - Vicky

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank irene037
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We spend 3 days in this hotel and can not say how much we amaze by friendly and warm welcome of Mr. Ilia and Mrs. Lena. So many things they care and they did for us make us feel like sons come back home. About the hotel: I love the place where we have breakfast every morning, it make me feel I just want to sit there, relax and go nowhere. I love 2 kitties. I love the view of sunset. Hotel is located near bus stop therefore you can go anywhere: to town, to the airport... and have not to stay in the noise of town. For me it's perfect location. And again: I especially love the extremely friendly of the owners. If I have a chance to come back Chania, surely I will stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: If you have a chance, try to choose sea view room. I believe it will be amazing!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ngochieu
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I love everything here, especially Ilia & Lena's great hospitality. My husband and I had a great time here even we had only 2 days at Chania. The owner of the hotel (Ilia & Lena) are very helpful and care about us. Ilia took us around the old town and suggested some great places to go and eat. I really appreciated their help and carefulness. I would love to stay here whenever I come to Chania and will defenitely recommend to my family and friends.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hoang L
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Greek hospitality at it's best.
Nothing was too much effort.
Lovely helpfull family, nice breakfasts on the verandah overlooking the city will be a great memory.
Easily reachable from the airport by bus!
We hope to return in the near future.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank BantryBayGuesth0use
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We went last summer to this place, our room had the most awesome view of Chania, and the owner gave it to us at a special price. She was really nice to us throughout, even gave us on our way out some traditional goodies of Crete like olive oil etc from their own production. Amazing hospitality, clean modern & gorgeous rooms. My friends who went back to Chania went back to this place! I thoroughly recommend it, as I had one of my best stays ever!! You should have a car as its not inside the city centre. However if you go for beauty, choose this hotel that is up on a hill and has amazing views. The city centre is flat, so you can't really appreciate Crete's beauties:)

Room Tip: Ask for a room that views the sea
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank Lucy_Stinchcombe
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed 16 June 2011

The Akrotiri hotel is a scenic hotel to stay. It is close to the Aktrotiri beach. The beach is really gorgeous and has nice amenities such as a good bar, soothing music and great food. At the hotel, our room had a balcony which overlooked the lovely sea. The room was sparklingly clean and looked modern. There was a flat screen television too. The bathroom was also nice. The staff were professional and friendly. The pool looked serene and we spent some relaxing time in it. The food served was also delicious. We loved it. I would like to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends