“Awful hotel, overpriced, bad staff attitude”
Review of Hotel Amphitriti

Hotel Amphitriti
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chania Town
Hotel Amphitriti
Ranked #103 of 110 Hotels in Chania Town
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Awful hotel, overpriced, bad staff attitude”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We didn't stay at this hotel because the owner canceled the rooms that we booked without notifying us. When we arrived at the hotel she just told that she gave the rooms to someone else and she closed the door without explaining further the situation. We insisted knocking the door but she didn't even answer. We couldn't find anything else to stay, everything was booked. We went to the police to ask for help. When we told to the policeman that we booked this awful hotel for 100 per night they were laughing and they told us that they had several problems with this hotel in the past. Anyway we ended up staying at friends houses and we had a good time. But if we didn't know anyone at Chania we would have nowhere to go...

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Fani T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Greek first
Australia
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I made a trip advisor to write about how awful this hotel is. On arrival we were told rudely by the old ladies that own the hotel that we don't have a reservation. After 5 minutes of us showing them our Ipad that we have booked at there hotel they said they will give us a room. We enter the room. The place was dirty for example they hadn't cleaned the cups in the bathroom from the previous customers. You couldn't sit on the toilet seat without putting one leg in the shower. There was no shower cover so after every shower the bathroom would be flooded. We didn't have a fridge and clean towels and toilet were not given. We had to ask for them. The cleaner would wake us up at 9am every morning. At night we couldn't even enter the hotel with our own keys. You would have to ring the door bell and they would open up from the inside. The only benefit from this hotel was the air conditioning. Stay away from this hotel

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank scag7

Travellers are raving about these Chania Town hotels

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We booked two rooms: double room with sea view and triple room. The view from the room with sea view was wonderful. Triple room has a windows and balcony with view to quiet street. Near with triple room is a balcony overlooking the harbor, which can also be used.
The hotel is very clean. Wi fi worked well.
We loved the owners of the hotel - very polite old ladies! Always said hello, goodbye and asked what can help us. Immediately shown where to park our car (parking is near the hotel).
At night the hotel locked. If you come back late, ring the doorbell - it will be opened by the owners themselves.
I think that everyone gets what attitude it deserves. If you are courteous to the people, the people are friendly to you.

Room Tip: Double Rooms with Sea View have wonderful view on the harbor Triple Rooms are quiter
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Merci V
Astoria, New York, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Giving this place one star is more than they deserve. Upon trying to check in, we were told by the very rude owner that the room my cousin had booked (which was a separate reservation from my own) was never confirmed (although it was) and that he could buy a more expensive room if he wanted. After trying to show her the confirmation, the owner started yelling at all of us saying that he was trying to get out of paying and would call the police on him. She kept calling him a liar. He left to avoid any issues. They only spoke Greek and when my other cousin who speaks Greek tried to reason with her, she said that she didn't care about our plans and if they were ruined - she was going to get her money anyway. We were so incredibly off-put by the lack of customer service that we decided to leave despite her telling us that there was no way she was going to refund us or allow a cancellation. We did not feel safe leaving our luggage/passports etc in the room after all of this happened.

Do not think about staying here. Although it's in a great location, its not worth the headache. Stay in a nicer hotel a little further away that has better customer service.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Stephanie P
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I stayed here for one night early August prior to commencement of a house sit in Chania. The only thing good about this hotel is the view from the rear over Chania harbour. The hotel is run down, dirty, smells of cats urine. This is not retro it is old tired worn out and I advise avoidance at all cost. The owners are two elderly women who are completely lacking in any customer care skills. No welcome and never a please or thank you. Upon checking out I told the proprietors that my stay had not been a good one. One of them started screaming at me in Greek and flapping her arms around in a very disturbing way. My Greek friend who was present as he was transferring me to my house sit told me that the woman was shrieking that foreigners should stay in their own country and called me a vile English pig. I am Scottish but take offence that she displayed such prejudice to any nationality. This was a thoroughly unpleasant experience and I have never experienced anything like it anywhere ever. AVOID!

Room Tip: The rooms to the rear have marvellous views but I cannot recommend anything else about this this hot...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank GJCSCOTZIA
Cologne, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I was often in Greece before as scholar visitor as well and I am very pity, that they give such a bad image to the guests of their country.
No emotions just facts.
-Instead of welcoming us the first day the hotel stuff annonced, that the prices will be higher, because we did not specified in the voucher, that the room will be with a see view.
- With blackmailing and hiding the room keys they blackmailed us and wanted us to pay on the third day (the hotel reservation for seven days).
- The ladys could not use the machine for paying correctly, accused us in having no money (while they just inserted the card in a wrong way).They called the police and told to the police that we do not want to pay (I guess that the fact that we are young couple made her believing we had no money on the account).
-The reception was not working properly no stuff at the reception.
-No secured door - everything opened. Keys from the rooms are avaliable to everyone.
-Rooms too dark.
-The towels were taking for washing but they never left the fresh one.
-The showers had no shower cabin. All water is spread around the room.
-The sea view was wonderful, the room overall clean. The location is top.
-The internet was not working properly.
-They had electricity blackout in the hotel as well.
-Since I learned Greek I can comment that I did not appreciated the way the lady was talking bad and discriminating things about foreigners and superiority of her own nation, while she was believing nobody was listening to her. This was the last drop for my patience. I do not appretiate nationalistic discrimination of any kind.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Masha K
Kristiansand, Norway
Reviewed 1 September 2012

On our way back from Matala, we stayed one night at this hotel. Perfectly situated at the Venezian harbour. We were met by to reasonably adult ladies speaking good english. The hotel could very well be used as a film location with a touch of old charm. Dark wood and antiques. You should not be allergic to cats though - there were two or three of them. And the lift to the first floor was a bit spooky so we preferred the stairs.

The bathrooms could be bigger, but everything worked as it should - hot water, good pressure and clean.

The best part? We had room no 105 and 106 and when the lady opened the venetian schutters, we were stunned by the mutual huge, private roof terrace overlooking the habour to our disposal. Fantastic! Could not be better - with at marble table in the middle - and incredible view of the sunset.

Room Tip: Room 105 and 106 with mutual huge roof terrace overlooking the harbour and sunset.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends