See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Upon arrival the staff were unfriendly and took my passport, refusing me it back when I asked for it. I ended up stealing my own passport back from behind the reception desk.
After being shown my room, it was only because it was midnight that I chose to stay, knowing I wouldn't find another place so late. I paid €400 for 4 nights and ended up staying only one, I upped and left within 11 hours. My bed had no blanket on it, air-con was ineffective and there were cracks in the walls big enough to see through to outside. The room felt filthy and not at all secure, with the balcony doors not shutting and them requesting that I leave my key at reception when going into town.
When I departed I was berated heavily, asking me why I wanted to leave. They refused to call a taxi for me until I "explained" myself. I would strongly advise against staying here, there are much better options for less money. I have never felt so uncomfortable in a place in my life!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

It is probably the worst place in Chania..dirty,with unfriendly elderly owners that were completely rude to EVERYONE,overpriced rooms and a non-functional air condition as well as Wi-FI.
Moreover it seems like there's something illegal going on about the buildings license etc..
Avoid at all cost.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank akamp89
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We didn't stay at this hotel because the owner canceled the rooms that we booked without notifying us. When we arrived at the hotel she just told that she gave the rooms to someone else and she closed the door without explaining further the situation. We insisted knocking the door but she didn't even answer. We couldn't find anything else to stay, everything was booked. We went to the police to ask for help. When we told to the policeman that we booked this awful hotel for 100 per night they were laughing and they told us that they had several problems with this hotel in the past. Anyway we ended up staying at friends houses and we had a good time. But if we didn't know anyone at Chania we would have nowhere to go...

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Fani T
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I made a trip advisor to write about how awful this hotel is. On arrival we were told rudely by the old ladies that own the hotel that we don't have a reservation. After 5 minutes of us showing them our Ipad that we have booked at there hotel they said they will give us a room. We enter the room. The place was dirty for example they hadn't cleaned the cups in the bathroom from the previous customers. You couldn't sit on the toilet seat without putting one leg in the shower. There was no shower cover so after every shower the bathroom would be flooded. We didn't have a fridge and clean towels and toilet were not given. We had to ask for them. The cleaner would wake us up at 9am every morning. At night we couldn't even enter the hotel with our own keys. You would have to ring the door bell and they would open up from the inside. The only benefit from this hotel was the air conditioning. Stay away from this hotel

Date of stay: July 2014
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank scag7
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We booked two rooms: double room with sea view and triple room. The view from the room with sea view was wonderful. Triple room has a windows and balcony with view to quiet street. Near with triple room is a balcony overlooking the harbor, which can also be used.
The hotel is very clean. Wi fi worked well.
We loved the owners of the hotel - very polite old ladies! Always said hello, goodbye and asked what can help us. Immediately shown where to park our car (parking is near the hotel).
At night the hotel locked. If you come back late, ring the doorbell - it will be opened by the owners themselves.
I think that everyone gets what attitude it deserves. If you are courteous to the people, the people are friendly to you.

Room tip: Double Rooms with Sea View have wonderful view on the harbor Triple Rooms are quiter
Date of stay: July 2014