We've just spent six days at Frida in the Family Studio accommodation. I was a bit worried at the thought of the four of us, including a teen and a pre-teen, being cooped up in one room but was pleased to find that we actually had two rooms. The studio was fairly basic but comfortable and well maintained and the air conditioning was a godsend. We also liked the fact we could have our breakfast outside on the patio. We did pay extra to have breakfast in the bar a couple of days and that was a very good spread with plenty of choice.
Despite the apartments all apparently being full, the pools were lovely and quiet and there was always plenty of space on the sun beds. My daughter spent many a happy hour on her lilo. The views from the pool were great too.
It is a fair walk into Chania, it usually took us a good half an hour but it was very pleasant walking by the sea. Definitely don't take the road route, it may be quicker but it's hot, dusty and noisy. A taxi ride back to the apartments was only 5 euros so well worth it.
All in all we enjoyed our stay at Frida. It's not luxurious but it's good value, comfortable and most of the staff are friendly. And don't miss the BBQ. It was great fun, especially when fuelled with a few glasses of retsina!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Frida Apartments consists of 3 independent buildings with a total of 28 apartments. Situated in the suburbs of the town of Chania (just 1,5 km from the city centre). Frida is built on a hill in a gorgeous location next to the countryside with a view to the Cretan sea and the city of Chania. The place is ideal for a drive to the attractive beach of Agioi Apostoli/Agia Marina (10 minutes by bus) or a visit to the picturesque Venetian Harbour of Chania (1,5 km). Alternatively, you can walk to the lovely beach of Nea Chora, which is only 600 meters away from Frida. A bus stop with a regular bus service to Chania is only 300 meters away.Among the facilities at “Frida Apartments” you will find our 2 swimming pools for endless dives with a view to Cretan sea, you will relax at “Frida” snack bar drinking your coffee / refreshment and you will taste our famous “Cretan traditional” breakfast in our morning buffet. Additionally, you can enjoy the marvelous views and sunrise from the balcony of your apartment while you “surf” at the internet through our free wi-fi network.At Frida you will meet a friendly atmosphere and experience the well-known Cretan hospitality as it is run on a family base from people who will always be willing to satisfy your needs. Frida Apartments is an ideal choice for those seeking quiet and relaxing holidays in a place not far away from the city of Chania. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Frida Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Frida Apartments Hotel Chania Town
- Frida Apartments Chania
- Frida Apartments Crete/Chania