Book In Advance

from US$33.40
More Info
from US$51.90
More Info
All reviews greek orthodox light a candle quiet atmosphere old town worth a visit minaret icons prayer beliefs worship history turks goblet holy landmark intriguing visitors
Reviewed 24 December 2017

Beautiful interior with stained glass, marble tiles, pillars, etc. No pews, some chairs for the elderly...light a candle and say a prayer.

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed 29 October 2017

This was one of the places we visited in Chania Town. Not being of Greek Orthodox faith, we found it interesting to see the many icons, statues, pictures, goblets, etc. displayed. The quiet atmosphere inside was appreciated as we sat in the wooden seats and listened to our tour guide who told us a little about the history of the church and the beliefs of its members. We found it to be a worthwhile visit.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 28 October 2017

Sitting in the square, drinking coffee and with time to spare, we ventured into this Church. You are immediately struck by an atmosphere of reverence, peace and calm. The icons, statues,pictures, painted walls, old seats, golden goblets, silver candle holders and many more items show the church off to its best, It is easy to respect other beliefs when you enter and feel the peace and tranquility..
If you only want to get a little shade, then step into this quite wonder, you will not be disapointed.

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Nothing really special to mention about, the average Orthodox church you can find in most Greek towns. What is a bit more special is that we had there a most welcome cool place during an unusually hot September day.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Being Greek Orthodox, its hard for me not to go by a church and not go in and light a candle and marvel at the iconography. This little church does not disappoint. Keep in mind though that when visiting a church (any church in Greece for that matter) modesty is important. I always keep a lightweight large scarf in my bag that I can throw on my shoulders to cover myself. Also, not to sound preachy, but keep your voices down. I had to shush up a group of tourists that came in like a tornado!

Date of experience: April 2017