“No problem without car; beautiful place”

Giorgi's Blue Apartments
Ranked #16 of 108 Hotels in Chania Town
London, United Kingdom
“No problem without car; beautiful place”
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

This place was exactly what I needed. I landed in Chania airport and took taxi directly to hotel. This was 17 euros and took maybe 15 min
As it was early in the morning I didn't expected to be checked in; I wanted to chill by the pool on the sun. But I was very pleasantly surprised when lady showed me my room, quickly explained few rules about key and breakfast and of I went.
I spend whole day by the water and can I say what a beautiful view! What you have behind hotel is private bay with crystal clear water and places with umbrellas on rocks where you can leave your water and stuff and also lie down and sunbathe. Loved it! No need to drive to beach.
I had Greek salad for dinner and watched sun set while sitting by the pool. When I say a dinner the portion was size of my lunch and dinner and breakfast together ;-))) with fresh bread and typical Crete rusk (which is hard crouton type of bread pieces)
Next day I woke up to freshly made breakfast; freshly squeezed orange juice and had chat to Maria who was amazingly helpful. I mentioned that I wanted to visit city and come back in the afternoon to catch some more rays. I didn't need to finish the sentence there she was on the phone booking it for me. The taxi promptly arrived and dropped me just at the top of the old city of Chania; this cost me 10 euros and he even stopped for me at the top of the hill so I can get out and take pictures of harbour. Journey back to hotel was also as quick and taxi stand was easy to find as all of them were lined up just by the square.
My flight on onward journey was next day early in the morning; I don't need to mention that Maria booked this for me already.
I had the pleasure of meeting George the owner of the place and we had a chat about area while I also paid for my room. What a lovely man! At no point I felt that I was dealing with just some hotel staff, everyone was so sooooo lovely friendly and helpful like a big family. I got massive hug from lady that was in charge in the evening and I was ready to fly next morning.
The taxi arrived early and even waited for me until I got ready.
I will definitely be back, this place gives me the quiet relaxation I needed away from party island and rush or tourist; also I didn't feel I was missing out on not having a car as taxi took me wherever I wanted to go and was so so easy to organise one.
I was worried that the noise from airport would disturb my stay; but I saw 2 jets in one day and one or two planes; yes you can hear those when they fly over; but that took 5 min out of my 24 hrs day ....
I would recommend this place 200%, I can't find anything wrong with it :-)))

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Iveta J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Waddesdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

August in Crete is, naturally, busy with tourists; but Giorgi's apartments offers a scenic, peaceful and beautifully presented spot where we found total relaxation.

It was so good we checked out of our second hotel elsewhere on the island two nights early so we could conclude our holiday back at Giorgi's.

The rooms are modern, practical and clean. The Wifi is good (I'm posting this outside overlooking the cove) and the breakfast offers a decent variety.

The swimming pool and seating areas are pleasant and there is a small bar is on-site, too.

However, perhaps the main highlight is the aforementioned Cove which sits directly below the perimeter rocks at the rear of the apartments.

The water is beautiful - lots of good snorkelling opportunities - and there are also half-a-dozen seating areas which help make the most of this idyllic spot.

We hired a car which really helped make the most of our time in Chania and if you are staying here it's probably worth investigating this option.

The airport is pretty close by which means there is quite regular air activity directly above. There's a military airbase too, with some mean sounding fighter jets often practicing. Really, though, this wasn't an issue for us and didn't impact on the enjoyment of our stay.

The hotel staff are extremely friendly and really do seem to want to help you enjoy every aspect of your holiday.

That personal touch really did make a difference and was a key factor in us opting to conclude our holiday here.

A really great hotel that we would have no hesitation in recommending to anyone.

• Stayed August 2014
Peyton, Colorado
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I found this hotel on line last minute and was hesitant (and kept passing it up) because of the "apartments" in the name, but I kept seeing the great reviews. Had we known this was going to be such a great experience, we would have come sooner. The "apartments" themselves were charming, & we had an amazing view, but the best part was the staff and the owner. From Maria who checked us in, to the Maria at the pool bar, to George, the owner, & Tigger the cat, we felt so welcomed. The Maria who checked us in was so warm & welcoming, showing us our room and helping with the luggage. The Maria at the pool bar was also welcoming, and we really enjoyed our visits with her, as well as the local restaurant she recommended. George the owner & Tigger the cat, were both quite charming and welcoming as well. One of the highlights was the small private cove where we enjoyed swimming in the amazingly clear water, and watching the crabs and the different fish.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Catherinefrmcolorado
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We arrived at Giorgi's around midnight and someone was there to check us in. We were upgraded to a better apartment because one was available. We had a great view of the pool and ocean! Breakfast was good and they even had a fresh squeezed orange juice machine. After breakfast we went down to the sea and jumped off the rocks (there is also a ladder to use). It was so much fun! When we were checking out, we asked George for directions to Chania (about 15 minutes away). He gave great suggestions for where to go and park and it helped us out so much. I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We travel a lot and it's rare to find a property that the pictures from the website aren't as incredible as being there... This place is awesome. It's far enough away from the main drag that you can enjoy the peace and quiet of the water in the cove. Great bar, staff and rooms as well. Definitely request (and pay extra for) a room with a balcony and a view of the ocean. It's totally worth it.

Amazing hotel. I'd definitely go back!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Even Yehuda, Israel
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We spent a whole week at Giorgi's and loved every minute.
from the hospitality, to the view, the quality in every single thing (fresh squeezed orange juice in the middle of the summer is just one example....) the whole package was just perfect.
Great for families!

Room Tip: Sea View cost more...but hey...waking up to the view worth the extra!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank eldadbent
Winchester, England
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This really is a very nice place. Sometimes greek accomodation can be somewhat basic - this place is first class. Bathroom's are tiny but the 2 bed apartment we had (16) was perfect for our party of four. It also has the best balcony and perfect sea view. Very great attention to detail. Really good free wifi. Nothing is too much trouble. As I said to Giorgi finding it was the biggest problem! When you leave the airport head for Chania after two roundabouts (about 5 miles) you will see a sign to Kounoupidiana on your right, head to the middle and at the second set of lights go straight ahead down a smallish street - after that its pretty straightforward.

Be aware that quite a few places dont take credit cards and the drving standards are pretty awful - not fast just awful. Be prepared to meet lots of vehicles with no lights on at night, on the wrong side of the road and indicators are clearly an option !

Lovely part of Crete to visit. Marathi beach (10 mins away) is well worth a visit. Busy with locals but lovely clear water (blue flag beach) and two great tavernas.

Thanks Giorgi - we will be back I'm sure of that.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family