In brief we had a brilliant family holiday, beautiful hotel and stunning view however the service was not great and baby facilities limited. The crèche, kids club and babysitting I couldn't fault. However there were about 4 high chairs in the main restaurant but far more children that needed them. This made meal times hard work as our toddler wouldn't sit still in a normal chair as the temptation to get down was too much. There was 1 high chair at the pool bar and 1 at the beach. The service in all restaurants was very slow but the staff lovely! I didn't find 1 baby changing unit anywhere??! Not ideal in a baby friendly hotel! Our travel cot had a brown old blanket as part of the mattress! a friend of ours also got 6 splinters from the decking in the kids club! We also had 20 steps up to our room and with a buggy this isn't ideal. With the moan over(!) the place was really pretty and reception stuff very helpful. I had a problem with my eye one day and the receptionist arranged for a pharmacist to deliver some optrex in a taxi and it was brought to my room which was great and really helpful. The bar area was gorgeous and the beach completely safe and just lovely, very small but shallow with beds and towels. The private transfer was superb, on time and had the 2 required car seats for the children. Our view was just stunning aswell, out to Spinalonga and the sea and mountains, perfect. We had a fabulous holiday but just feel for 5 star and very baby friendly some things could be improved on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 5-star Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection is set on the most privileged hill and offers luxurious accommodation with spa bath overlooking the island of Spinalonga and its Venetian castle. It has a spa and 5 restaurants serving haute cuisine dishes, a sandy beach and many swimming pools. Each of the air-conditioned suites is uniquely decorated and has easy access to the private sandy beach. They include a spacious living room with wooden floors and a satellite LCD TV. Some suites also have a private pool or open-air hot tub. This year, the new Domes Luxury Residences, along with the stunning Domes Ultraluxe Villas, come with the 'Haute Living Selection', essentially creating an exclusive haute-luxury villa boutique experience, within the already impressive resort of Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection. The spa of Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection includes an interior seawater pool, sauna, steam room and hot tub. It also offers rejuvenating therapies, such as facial and massage treatments. The 5 restaurants offer casual beachside settings or elegant dining rooms with panoramic sea views. Guests can taste progressive Greek cuisine, seafood and Cretan dishes. An Asian restaurant is also possible. The hotel is very conveniently located. The village of Elounda is 2.5 km away. Part of the Elounda myth, is the Venetian Castle on the Island of Spinalonga, the setting for Victoria Hislop's bestselling novel "The Island". The lively seaside town of Agios Nikolaos is within 12 km of Domes of Elounda. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Destinology, Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Domes Of Elounda All Suites And Villas Spa Hotel Elounda
- Domes Elounda Hotel
- Domes Elounda Resort
- Domes Of Elounda, Autograph Collection Crete