Just spent two wonderful weekends in the Domes of Elounda in Crete. The good points, perfect location in between Plaka and Elounda two lovely villages with gorgeous restaurants and shops (especially Plaka - visit Captain Nikolas) and in Elounda (Oila restaurant). Beach in the Domes is lovely, view stunning, water sports super (thank you Alex). Staff in Domes couldn't do enough, thank you Maggie. Accommodation perfect. The only thing you should be aware of is that it is perfect for young children so lots of families, beach gets very crowded, resembles a creche after a while. We went B&B so enjoyed local restaurants - would recommend this as the restaurant while ideal for breakfast does not lend itself to evening dining. There are two other restaurants, pool and beach. Beach restaurant has BBQ once a week, seriously expensive and not worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 5-star Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection is set on the most privileged hill and offers luxurious accommodation with spa bath overlooking the island of Spinalonga and its Venetian castle. It has a spa and 5 restaurants serving haute cuisine dishes, a sandy beach and many swimming pools. Each of the air-conditioned suites is uniquely decorated and has easy access to the private sandy beach. They include a spacious living room with wooden floors and a satellite LCD TV. Some suites also have a private pool or open-air hot tub. This year, the new Domes Luxury Residences, along with the stunning Domes Ultraluxe Villas, come with the 'Haute Living Selection', essentially creating an exclusive haute-luxury villa boutique experience, within the already impressive resort of Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection. The spa of Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection includes an interior seawater pool, sauna, steam room and hot tub. It also offers rejuvenating therapies, such as facial and massage treatments. The 5 restaurants offer casual beachside settings or elegant dining rooms with panoramic sea views. Guests can taste progressive Greek cuisine, seafood and Cretan dishes. An Asian restaurant is also possible. The hotel is very conveniently located. The village of Elounda is 2.5 km away. Part of the Elounda myth, is the Venetian Castle on the Island of Spinalonga, the setting for Victoria Hislop's bestselling novel "The Island". The lively seaside town of Agios Nikolaos is within 12 km of Domes of Elounda. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, MrandMrsSmith, Destinology, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Domes Of Elounda All Suites And Villas Spa Hotel Elounda
- Domes Elounda Hotel
- Domes Elounda Resort
- Domes Of Elounda, Autograph Collection Crete