Stayed at the Domes of Elounda with my wife and 2 sons of 4 & 11 in October for a week and we had a fantastic break. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left the service received in the hotel was that of what you would expect in a small family hotel. The Champagne welcome personally from the briliant hotel Manager Savas was just the start of the highest level of service.
The hotel food was fantastic morning, noon and night with 5 star quality and the service in the restaurant was always friendly, the chef's were always informative and I have stayed in "so called" 5 star hotels worldwide and the service at the Domes topped them all by a mile.
The rooms were comfortable and maid service was superb. This was the end of the season for the hotel and there were a few minor maintenance issues but nothing which would lessen the enjoyment.
There a few people who obviously found fault in their reviews but quite frankly "you cannot please everyone" and nit picking is what they are obviously very good at!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 5-star Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection is set on the most privileged hill and offers luxurious accommodation with spa bath overlooking the island of Spinalonga and its Venetian castle. It has a spa and 5 restaurants serving haute cuisine dishes, a sandy beach and many swimming pools. Each of the air-conditioned suites is uniquely decorated and has easy access to the private sandy beach. They include a spacious living room with wooden floors and a satellite LCD TV. Some suites also have a private pool or open-air hot tub. This year, the new Domes Luxury Residences, along with the stunning Domes Ultraluxe Villas, come with the 'Haute Living Selection', essentially creating an exclusive haute-luxury villa boutique experience, within the already impressive resort of Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection. The spa of Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection includes an interior seawater pool, sauna, steam room and hot tub. It also offers rejuvenating therapies, such as facial and massage treatments. The 5 restaurants offer casual beachside settings or elegant dining rooms with panoramic sea views. Guests can taste progressive Greek cuisine, seafood and Cretan dishes. An Asian restaurant is also possible. The hotel is very conveniently located. The village of Elounda is 2.5 km away. Part of the Elounda myth, is the Venetian Castle on the Island of Spinalonga, the setting for Victoria Hislop's bestselling novel "The Island". The lively seaside town of Agios Nikolaos is within 12 km of Domes of Elounda. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, MrandMrsSmith, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Domes Of Elounda All Suites And Villas Spa Hotel Elounda
- Domes Elounda Hotel
- Domes Elounda Resort
- Domes Of Elounda, Autograph Collection Crete