“Traditional Homes of Crete (found off Booking.com)”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Elounda
Traditionelle Hauser Bei Elounda
Reviewed 17 October 2009

Please read if you want to save your vacation experience!! I have always read Trip Advisor & never felt compelled to write a review until now. Hopefully this will help anyone even considering a stay at the Traditional Homes of Crete. Firstly, you will spend an hour looking for the place. The directions are horrible considering the complexity of the area & the phone number is incorrectly listed on their booking. Instead of an apology on the matter, we were greeted (after disturbing other nearby guests for a correct phone number), with the phrase of how "inconvenient" it was for them to meet us with keys without a proper phone call! I should have left after hearing that. The home we rented was absolutely filthy. This might be considered what they like to guise under the title "Traditional Homes." There were insects between the bed sheets, dust and dirt from the front door to the bathroom & a distinct smell of mold throughout the home. The dishes in the kitchen were stained and dirty. We NEVER had towels replaced. 4 days & no one bothered to replace the towels that appeared to be questionable in the first place. I advise you to bring your own bath towels. You will never have them replaced - nor your bed sheets for that matter. Someone manages to sneak in and make the beds, but the point seems useless since I feared more bugs would enter the bed if left unexposed. The sheets did not appear changed even from the last renter. Bringing a very strong mosquito repellent is recommended. The place is infested. I wish I could exaggerate on the matter, but it is a serious health concern. No one left under 20 bites each. You will even see the remains of them smashed against the tiles, walls, mirrors & furniture of the previous renters who battled the same problem & no one bothered to clean. I wanted to leave within 15 minutes of arrival. If a health agency inspected this property, it would be shut down! The nights were sleepless since the 5 stray cats outside the homes meow and fight continuously. We paid twice more than a fancy resort to have the rustic feel of Crete. Save your money and book a high rated hotel. Crete was amazing & am saddened that this rental may have ruined other traveler's opinions of Greece. The lack of comments on Trip Advisor should have warned me, but I thought maybe this was a hidden treasure of Crete. I was so wrong. It may have been the worst experience of rentals of all my travels & I have traveled the majority of the world.

• Stayed: October 2009