“One of the best”

Thea Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 124 Restaurants in Elounda
Price range: US$6 - US$29
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: 900 Meters From The Square Of Elounda On The Main Road To Agios Nikolaos Walking Time 10 - 15 Min. Distance from hotels Elounda Bay palace 5 min walk. Elounda Beach hotel 10 to 15 min walk. Elounda Mare hotel 15 to 20 min walk. Porto Elounda Mare 25 to 30 min walk. Elounda Domus 5 klm(taxi required) Elounda Blue Palace 6 klm (taxi required).
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have been going to Elounda for many years and the Thea is one of the best ,last year I visited Elounda for a week on my own and Manolis and Tonia made me feel very welcome the food is first class and the deserts delicious my favourite is the chocolate cake I will be back at the end of August this year and the Thea will be top of my list for visits

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We have visited this Restaurant many times. The food is delicious. Manolis who owns the Restaurant can not do enough to help you. The service is first class. The atmosphere of the Restaurant is wonderful. You must visit this Restaurant.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Charming staff, good food, nothing too much trouble for them. Worth a visit, even if only for a drink

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Despite the many, many other eateries in Elounda, my wife and I continue to return to Thea. With our visit to the resort this year, our accommodation was at the far Easterly end of town, and although Thea is located at the Western end, on the main road, we were happy to do the 1,200m walk to get there - either along the main road or along the sea front and around by the salt flats - as what we’ve always found at the end of it has justified the effort.

For us Thea epitomises why we visit Elounda. Quiet, relaxed, hospitable and with great food (after many visits I can say we’ve never had a bad meal there), there are no hovering waiters, rushing to top your wine glass up or to clear the table the moment you’ve finished a course - leaving you with the impression that they want you to get on and finish up - and my wife and I have frequently chilled the evening away after finishing eating. The service can be as prompt or relaxed as you want it to be (if you need to be somwhere later on at a specific time, just say so when you get there).

Food and price wise, the menu is typical of the offerings in the locality, although the quality of that which is brought to the table is, IMHO, above average. Prices are in line with other similar establishments on the patch.

In summary, Thea’s is one that is worth the extra few minutes walk, and if you’re walking from the East, don’t assume that just because this is the first one you pass on the ramble into the centre if Elounda it isn’t up there amongst the better eateries available. Definitely one to put on your evening itinary when you visit the area.

A very satisfied visitor.

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

We called in here as it began to rain heavily on our way home from a long walk across the causeway. Manolis welcomed us, even though we were only here for drinks. Had such a great time, we returned a couple of days later to sample the fresh food. Absolutely delicious.... we had the Prawns and Calamari with a gorgeous Greek Salad and Potatoes. We will definitely be back to sample more from the menu!