This was a repeat visit to Elounda and the Elounda Mare. There are several 5-star properties in Elounda, but this is la creme de la creme. The luxury is understated but ever-present. The real thing that sets this resort apart from the rest is the unparalleled service. From our greeting when we arrived, complete with a glass of champagne and a warm smile and can-do attitude, to the upgrade to a sea-view suite, to the parade of gifts, we never felt more welcome. The staff is absolutely fantastic - Dimitris at the bar, Babis the sommelier (one of the best in Greece we are told, and we wholeheartedly agree), Katerina and Natalia at the front desk. There was nothing they wouldn't do to make our stay more pleasurable. We had wonderful spa treatments - the spa at the sister property Porto Elounda is world-class, delectable dinners at several of the hotel restaurants (The Old Mill deserves special mention - fantastic), and lovely, lazy days at the small but pristine private beach. The beach is a "blue star" beach, which means it wins awards for cleanliness. The water was so clear you can see straight to the bottom Imagine my surprise when I was wading chest-deep, and looked down in time to see a large octopus on the bottom, hightailing it away to deeper waters!! We also booked a private wine-tasting with Babis, which is a treat not to be missed if you are a wine lover. He is knowledgeable, warm, funny and interesting - we had a lovely and very informative sesson tasting wines from throughout Greece. There is nothing about this place that struck a wrong note. We can't wait to come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Famed for its gracious and attentive service, this hotel is the embodiment of all-time-classic style and cultured luxury, where antique art and traditional architectural themes adorn all of its private-pool bungalows - each with its own terrace overlooking the Aegean Sea. Three fine dining venues reflect the Relais & Chateaux tradition of excellence, their culinary delights ranging from enticing lunchtime snacks to five-course dinners, with flambe and fish specialties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Elounda Mare Relais & Chateaux hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elounda Mare Hotel And Bungalows
- Elounda Mare Relais & Chateaux Hotel Crete