Our family stayed at the elounda mare for a week in June and we had a wonderful time in our stay:
- Excellent service by all the hotel staff- the reception, the waitresses, the cleaning staff,etc. Everyone was extremely kind, willing to help and always with a smile.
- Beautiful large grounds with lavish tress, blossoming flowers and spacious lawns. Also, the views from the hotel of the bay are amazing.
- A very good private sandy beach with lots of sea beds around it. There is also a long stretch on the sea with trees and places to sit. Furthermore there is a nice seawater pool which is very quiet.
- At the "Deck" restaurant where both dinner and breakfast are served, the food is of high standarts- in the morning there is a large buffet and in the evening a 5 course meal , which is very elegant.
- Very quiet and calm atmosphere all around the hotel which is great for a relaxed beach vacation.
- the hotel is a 20 minutes walk or 5 minute drive from the nice village of elounda which has many restaurants and tavernas.
- Our room- a suite in the top floor had magnificent view and was quite comfortable. The bungalows with private pools look very nice.
- In the suite, the the shower cabin was extremely small and you could barely move inside it.
- The extras in the hotel are all very expensive - for example a 750c bottle of water costs 7 euro! Greek salad costs 15 euro. At leasts, the hotel provides small bottle of water each day for each guests. This is why its recommended to eat and drink outside of the hotel, where the prices are much lower, and you have the opportunity to discover local food.
- This hotel is not well catered for younger people who search for parties, action and an active atmosphere.
- The gym is very basic- it contains only 5-6 stations.
To sum it up: I highly recommend the hotel, if you are looking for a luxury beach vacation, with great food and atmosphere were you can relax and pamper yourself
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Famed for its gracious and attentive service, this hotel is the embodiment of all-time-classic style and cultured luxury, where antique art and traditional architectural themes adorn all of its private-pool bungalows - each with its own terrace overlooking the Aegean Sea. Three fine dining venues reflect the Relais & Chateaux tradition of excellence, their culinary delights ranging from enticing lunchtime snacks to five-course dinners, with flambe and fish specialties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Ebookers, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Elounda Mare Relais & Chateaux hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elounda Mare Hotel And Bungalows
- Elounda Mare Relais & Chateaux Hotel Crete