“IF YOUR NOT ON THE BEACH SIT HERE.”

Cypriana Taverna & Meze House
Ranked #20 of 122 Restaurants in Elounda
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2014

what can we say maria and demitri are perfect hosts with lovely views of the beach and sea. Also they have a great gift shop down the road thats well worth a visit for pressies. but most of all a great snack stop in the day and also great authentic grrek food in the evening , What more could you want.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

just have to say thankyou to maria this restaurant is excellent.all so friendly and cheerfull folk visit here and the food is really good .maria was frantic on our 1st. visit as we arrive and began to see the menu the lights went out.what a laugh but maria was beside herself however she shot over to us right away and believe me what she suggested she could rustle up with no electric was fantatic meze.well done maria. wish we had found you sooner.haloumi cheese was yummy garlic mushrooms same.thankyou so much.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

€3.90 for a full English breakfast !
Sausage. Two slices of perfect bacon. Beans. Toast two Eggs and a brew. Perfect start to the day .
Just past the new playground opposite the beach. .........
Try the Cyprianna. And the ex-pats here flock to the place so it must be good !:)

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We had excellent breakfasts here last year, so went back again this year. Maria recognized us straight away........(considering how many people she must meet in a year, I was impressed!)
Their chocolate milkshakes are to die for, as is the apple pie (which is also the biggest I have ever seen!)
We got talking one afternoon and my husband mentioned that I like Gavros (little fishes). Maria said her husband would get some for me for the following night. My husband was then asked what he liked......he said lambs liver which he doesn't get at home (l can't stand the smell of it!!). The butcher was telephoned there and then and our dinner for the following evening was sorted!!
My husband had his (whole) lambs liver cooked with onions and white wine, I must have had at least 40 gavros!!! The meal was delicious, the service was excellent and the bill was extremely good value (€34 for starters,mains and drinks).
I particularly like the fact that Maria and Dimitri sat at each table talking to their customers after they had eaten, making you feel really at home!

Will certainly be seeing them next year!

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Lovely snack bar during the day and meze place on a night. we have been many times on an evening on previous holidays and always make a point of going back. The staff are always friendly and helpful and the owner always makes a point of coming to check everything is ok if she is not to busy cooking. It is relatively cheap and has free wifi and sits opposite the beach.