My husband and I stayed at Porto Elounda for a week in mid May and weren't sure what to expect as reviews were very different, but we had a wonderfully relaxing and peaceful holiday. The service was excellent and our room was extremely comfortable (great bathroom, very comfortable bed, wonderful view and our own private plunge pool). The main restaurant in the Porto Elounda hotel itself (there are two other hotels which are part of the resort) is good, particularly the breakfast buffet, but if you want a change of scenery there is plenty of choice within the resort either at the beach taverna or in the Elounda Mare or the Peninsula hotels, both of which have their own elegant restaurants and bars - there is something for every taste.
The Six Senses Spa is absolutely not to be missed and must surely be one of the best anywhere - a huge range of treatments is available, or you can just go and relax in their wonderful salt water "thalassotherapy" pool.
There are a few small "boutique" shops in the resort, but you will also find a couple of mini-markets within 10 minutes' walk, which are much better value.
All in all, I would recommend this hotel and resort to anyone looking for a relaxing holiday with a certain amount of luxury.
The only important piece of advice I would give is to make sure you negotiate your transfer from airport to hotel before you go as this can be a very expensive business!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only golf-and-spa resort on Crete is a whole world on its own, with the "World's Best Spa" according to the Sunday Times' "Travel" magazine 2007. Rooms and suites all have panoramic views of the bay of Elounda over the green expanse of the golf course's 9 holes. Children are particularly well catered for, with a dedicated facility offering indoor and outdoor play areas, a lawn-laid olive-grove, a water-park and a sports field. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Bookgreece.com, Destinology, Odigeo, Priceline, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Booking.com, Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Porto Elounda Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Elounda Deluxe Hotel Elounda
- Porto Elounda Golf & Spa Resort Crete