This was our first foray into family friendly hotels and the Porto did not let us down. The hotel admittedly isn't the super stylish hotels I'm used to and in areas it is a bit tired, but it made up for it in far more important places. Firstly the service was fantastic, the staff could not do enough for you (including going to the local village to get soya milk for my son), they ferried us about by golf buggy because I had a minor injury but most of all were just consistenly fiendly and helpful and very accomodating to my 2yr old.
The room we had was recently refurbished (a suite on the 5th floor) and perfect for our needs (not all rooms have been recently refurbished). the spa is amazing and a little piece of tranquility and heaven , my only failure was to not visit it until our last day. The spa is expensive and I think the best treatments are the massages not the beauty treatments such as facials and mani/pedis which are very expensive for what they are.
The only drawback is the food, it is quite expensive and limited options within the hotel. The pool bar offers 3 different sandwiches at lunchtime and that's it and they cost €20 each. The lunchtime restaurant had a very limited menu and again quite pricey... often all you want is a light snack at lunchtime and this was never on offer - I understand they were refreshing the menu to offer more variety as we were leaving so hopefully this will have improved. Re the price, I suggest if half board is an option then take it.
I would go back to this hotel again - we had a great holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only golf-and-spa resort on Crete is a whole world on its own, with the "World's Best Spa" according to the Sunday Times' "Travel" magazine 2007. Rooms and suites all have panoramic views of the bay of Elounda over the green expanse of the golf course's 9 holes. Children are particularly well catered for, with a dedicated facility offering indoor and outdoor play areas, a lawn-laid olive-grove, a water-park and a sports field. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Destinology, LoveHolidays, HRS, Hotels.com, TravelUp and Booking.com so you can book your Porto Elounda Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Elounda Deluxe Hotel Elounda
- Porto Elounda Golf & Spa Resort Crete