We have just enjoyed a relaxing break at this hotel in a room which has direct access to a shared pool. I must start by admitting I am very fussy. The bed was super comfy and the room had a huge flat screen TV and DVD player which we enjoyed watching some DVD's we had brought with us. There was a comfy 2 seater sofa and table with fresh flowers and fruit plate. Good sized mini bar. Huge bathroom with slipper bath, separate shower, WC and bidet. Also his+hers sinks and grey marble floors , counters and walls.
The room itself felt very luxurious as did the public spaces. There is a nice selection of vintage type furniture and curios as well as nice art on walls and colourful gardens.
The service was fantastic from start to finish. Even when I got stroppy with the pool guy who was politely telling me that I couldn't sit in the private area. There are a range of visitors from late 20s to extended families and retired couples.
When on the beach we noticed that the Russian guests often drew attention to themselves shouting on mobile phones for hours on end or smoking extremely stinky cigars.
In the spa we had great massages and enjoyed the gorgeous facilities and peace until a group of 4 drunk young Russian 20somethings came in with a 1.5 litre bottle of vodka and cavorted around taking photos, being loud, posing and falling over. A very polite member of staff eventually came over and told them they couldn't bring their own glass vodka bottles to the poolside. We decided to come back to the spa another day when it was more peaceful.
The views of the sea and islands are lovely from our room and the communal areas. The breakfast was delicious and had a varied selection. We went to the neighbouring Elounda Mare chateau+relais for dinner a couple of nights and really enjoyed the great service, food and ambience there too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only golf-and-spa resort on Crete is a whole world on its own, with the "World's Best Spa" according to the Sunday Times' "Travel" magazine 2007. Rooms and suites all have panoramic views of the bay of Elounda over the green expanse of the golf course's 9 holes. Children are particularly well catered for, with a dedicated facility offering indoor and outdoor play areas, a lawn-laid olive-grove, a water-park and a sports field. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com, Destinology, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Prestigia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Agoda, HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Porto Elounda Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Elounda Deluxe Hotel Elounda
- Porto Elounda Golf & Spa Resort Crete