Before I start you must remember we are in Greece and things are different.
The hotel is as we expected good size room ( two doubles knocked into one premier) with sitting room, bedroom and two shower/ wc's also a jacuzzi tub in the sitting room, somewhat strange, two balconies, private pool with very good size terrace that was in the sun from sunrise to sunset with spectacular views across the bay to Spinalonga.
We knew the hotel was on a hill side so we were not surprised that we had to use the hotel buggies to take us to our room on the 5th level less than a minute but too steep to walk, coming back down via the rear steps and slopes was fine but a little slippery.
All food in the main restaurant was buffet service with a good choice and variety for breakfast, lunch and evening meal, you will certainly not starve there's something for everyone, if there is a gripe the food could be a lot hotter. There is an outside dinning terrace which is great but very popular in the evening, stay away for breakfast too many wasps, not open lunch time to hot.
The pool area is quite pleasant and very popular, sun beds go very quickly by guest placing hotel towels and reserving for hours without being used, the hotel should police this sera and remove towels.
The AIl Inc was fine plenty of local drinks to choose from, but not bottled still water although you could have bottled sparkling.
The only real disappointment was the beach, the setting was great and again sunbeds laid out with parasols and a small beach bar, but the beach itself was pebbles/shingle leading into the rocky shoreline.
Everyone we dealt with with in the hotel was excellent from the reception, bar staff, waiteress's, waiters and not forgetting the chamber maids.
A special mention must go to Monica at reception who we found to be excellent and nothing was to much trouble, there are many others who we will remember for years to come but too many to name.
The hotel is adult only which was quite pleasant, the temp was touching the forties but thankfully there was a lack of Mosquitos. Although we did use burners in our room during the night..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- YOUR JOURNEY BEGINS NOW New concept, new services, new design Sentido Elounda Blu ... four star hoteling reinvented The "Sentido Elounda Blu Hotel", is situated in the international renowned hot spot of Elounda. The Greek islands' architecture is evident throughout Elounda Blu with earth colors that blend with the Cretan environment. The area's stunning views of the gulf of Elounda, the traditional town of Elounda, and the medieval castle of "Spinalonga" create an idyllic surrounding for a relaxing holiday. In front of the resort lies a sandy and well protected from the streams beach, that offers various choices to keep you by the sea water. The emphasis on the area's natural riches and the resort's services create an environment that fashions a vacation that must be experienced by all. Sentido Elounda Blu is a redesigned hotel with a brand new adult only(16+) concept that promises to offer a relaxing ambiance, with elevated services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your SENTIDO Elounda Blu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elounda Blue Bay Hotel Elounda
- Blue Bay Hotel Elounda
- SENTIDO Elounda Blu Crete