Me and my boyfriend stayed at Elounda Blue Bay in Aug 08, i have been to crete a few times before (malia and ag nik) and felt that it would be nice to stay in a quiter part. Elounda is very quite along with plaka, but we hired a car for a few days which was very cheap. the receptionists were quite happy to help sort this out for us. By renting a car we were able to go to ag nik to the water parks which are so fun i have been to both of the big ones and would say water city is the best. drive into the mountains to the small villages which have wounderful veiws. However getting a cheap litle atos up that hill was a struggle but alot of fun! our room was right at the top of the resort which was fine for us at only 18 and 21 but i can see how older people could find it difficult as a full belly did make it harder. But the higher the room the better the view!
The beach is great to with a selection of activities to do we hired a pedalo which was lovely and also got taken out on a blow up thingy magigy! and for 5 euros you can get a boat ride to spinalonga i have been there befor but it was amazing to see it again (i would also recomend you read "the island" while you are there)
Now our room was nothing to shout about, medium sized, bathroom was abit messy but it satisfied our needs as a place to sleep and cool off. for those that spend their holidays in their hotel rooms then dont go here but you will pay more and lose the views. We ate out most nights with great resturants in elounda but the food in the hotel is fine is you just want to have a cold bite to eat! The walk to and from elounda is lovely at night the sound of the sea and the breeze. The staff were lovely and always cleaning. the pool was spotless i woke up early a few days and found them cleaning the pool every morning. all in all i think that Elounda Blue Bay is a lovely hotel that is 100% creten and a great holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- YOUR JOURNEY BEGINS NOW New concept, new services, new design Sentido Elounda Blu ... four star hoteling reinvented The "Sentido Elounda Blu Hotel", is situated in the international renowned hot spot of Elounda. The Greek islands' architecture is evident throughout Elounda Blu with earth colors that blend with the Cretan environment. The area's stunning views of the gulf of Elounda, the traditional town of Elounda, and the medieval castle of "Spinalonga" create an idyllic surrounding for a relaxing holiday. In front of the resort lies a sandy and well protected from the streams beach, that offers various choices to keep you by the sea water. The emphasis on the area's natural riches and the resort's services create an environment that fashions a vacation that must be experienced by all. Sentido Elounda Blu is a redesigned hotel with a brand new adult only(16+) concept that promises to offer a relaxing ambiance, with elevated services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and LoveHolidays so you can book your SENTIDO Elounda Blu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elounda Blue Bay Hotel Elounda
- Blue Bay Hotel Elounda
- SENTIDO Elounda Blu Crete