“Fantastic Experience”

Elounda Gulf Villas & Suites
Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Elounda
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Had a marvellous time in our week here. The staff were very friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. We started in a suite - Phaedra - which was great and had a very large terrace area outside with table and chairs. We then moved to a villa - Areti - which had its own pool and a view to die for ! The restaurant was very good - a little but pricey but worth it - and we even got them to get in a large Red Snapper for our last night which was perfect !

All in all a great place to stay - give it a try !

Room Tip: If you want a room with a terrace (no sea view though ) then ask for Phaedra suite. If there are a...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 June 2012

Where to start! Fantastic Location, First Class Villa with Fantastic Views! (We were lucky enough to stay in Villa Areti) The Entire Staff (who are like one big happy family) go out of their way to make your stay as memorable as possible, to say nothing is too much trouble for them is definitely an understatement! They are the most helpful and friendly people we have ever had the privilege to meet! The food is first class with chefs that will literally cater to your every need! No matter where you stay at Elounda Gulf the accommodation throughout the site is superb! The Family Owners have definitely thought of everything and spared no expense to make EGV&S a holiday destination that stands out! We cannot recommend Elounda Gulf Villas & Suites highly enough! If you get chance to go, do so you will not be disappointed!

Most Definitely a Holiday to Remember!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2012

My husband and I stayed for a 4day weekend for a special occasion, and it was fabulous. We stayed in the 'Penelope' suite, and it was everything we wanted and more. From the moment we arrived in the car park (a golf buggy met us instantly to drive us only 50 metres to the reception!) to the moment we left, nothing was too much trouble for the staff, all of whom were wonderful. It is not every hotel that when you go down for breakfast on day one, you are greeted with a hug from the waitress!

Our suite was spacious, spotless with lovely views of the sea and surrounding hills. We were on half board, and the food was good, not huge choices of evening meal, but considering the deal we got, more than adequate. The entire complex was clean and well cared for, the gardens were beautiful. On my husbands birthday, without my knowledge a lovely cake was produced after dinner and the staff sang Happy Birthday to him! Thanks so much for that!

Our four days seemed much longer, we left rested and relaxed and feeling we had made friends with so many of the staff. I would highly recommend this resort if you want peace and quiet, and a little bit of pampering. Look forward to returning someday soon.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I am overwhelmingly positive about by my stay at Elounda Gulf Villas. This is one of the resorts that really settle on my mind. I hope to soon be back and stay one or two weeks. What make this very sense are the light, positive atmosphere, the staff and the fantastic food.

Room Tip: I would suggest that you book one of the villas as it is a very pleasant and positive feeling there.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Lindfors
Reviewed 8 March 2012

We visited this hotel for two weeks and had the most amazing experience.
The service was fabulous and we were treated like loyalties from the moment we arrived until the moment we left. In fact it felt like we were saying goodbye to friends when we left.
Our Suite was lovely, very clean, spacious and with very good sea view.
The food was incredible and the service in the restaurant was very friendly and helpful all the time.
The island of Crete is worth a visit and I would definitely recommend this hotel. I will visit again Elounda Gulf Villas & Suites next summer.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sofia A
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Everything about our experience at the Elounda Gulf Villas & Suites was exceptional from the moment they meet you with cool towels and fresh juice to the moment that you leave, nothing is too much trouble.

The staff is outstanding, the location is very good, the Suites stunning and the food very good and simply, the best my husband and I have ever had.

I definitely recommend this hotel; you will not be disappointed if you book this place.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Claire S
Reviewed 15 January 2012

I was born and raised in Greece however I have been living abroad during the last 17 years. Every summer I take my kids and visit different areas of Greece as I would like them to get a taste of Greece.

This year we decided to stay at Elounda Gulf Villas with another American family and I can not say enough of how much we LOVED our stay there!
The property is very well maintained. The villas’ decoration is simply perfect … luxurious but very discreet and relaxing at the same time. You feel that you are staying at your own home!
The outdoor of the villa (and the communal pool area) is unbelievable… infinite pool, overlooking the Elunda Gulf… the view is as breathtaking as in Santorini without though the millions of tourists!
Food was fantastic… I asked and they told me that the chef is Greek, uses local ingredients and his grandmother’s recipes! We also loved the breakfast… !!! The loukoumades (greek donuts) were to die for! We used the well-equipped gym in our villa to burn the calories!!!!
Apart for all points above, this place ROCKS in terms of service which is something unusual for Greek standards.
Everyone serves you with a big smile and is happy to help you with any request you have! I really appreciated the fact that unlike other hotels they do not try to “keep” you in the hotel so that you consume more … they have excellent recommendations of where to eat, drink, what to do! We followed their advice and hired a private boat to Spinalolga… followed by lunch at a local Greek tavern! That was one of my most memorable swimming experiences!!!!
The place is very kids friendly ... I was really surprised by the number of kids we saw. My kids loved the staff all of whom were very accommodating and helpful!
Thank so much Elounda Gulf Villas for all your recommendations!!!! You prove to us that there is EXCELLENT service is Greece!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family