It has all the ingredients on paper but somehow does not pull off its 5 stars. The rooms are comfortable, not luxurious but showers good, towels soft, all sorts of pillows available - very clean. No black out curtains (unless you ask) no extras unless you count a bunch of grapes and water (!). It lacks sophistication - I agree with other reviews that the facilities are there but staff are cold and areas look tired. No wifi in the room is tiresome as is waiting for the funicular to go to pools, spa and beach. We had a very quiet room which was ideal - but the use of the word bungalow is totally incorrect ! The staff are surly and the spa is bland. The gym is ok and has 3 decent running machines, free wrights up to 12.5 kg and some fairly good multi gym equipment once you figure out how to use it. The resort is VERY VERY windy, the bottom pool is salt water and the top pool heated (just) and chlorinated but good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the wild beauty and unrivalled island style of a bohemian luxe resort with emblematic sea views, crystal clear waters, sparkling infinity pools, world class cuisine and bespoke services. All this combined with the resort's beach experience create a unique setting , where time seems to stand still. Blue Palace, a setting of wild grandeur. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Southall Travel, Expedia, TravelUp, Bookgreece.com, Odigeo, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Starwood EMEA, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Palace Resort And Spa
- Blue Palace Hotel Elounda
- Blue Palace Resort & Spa
- Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete Elounda