I stayed here for a week with my husband and two children (9 and 12 years old) last July and we had a lovely holiday. We were looking for a week of relaxation and sun and this did not disappoint. We were in a junior suite up at the top of the hotel on a corner, which was nice and quiet and had fantastic views of Spinalonga and the sea. The best thing for us was the private infinity pool outside our room - heaven! The kids played in the pool all day and my husband and I could sunbathe and read. Some days we didn't go out at all, we just ordered room service for lunch! We were on half board option which meant we ate in the hotel most nights. Flame (The steak restaurant) was our favourite and Isola (Italian) also the was fine. The Chinese restaurant was disappointing as was the Greek (Blue Door) surprisingly. There are lots more good Greek restaurants in the village of Plaka - a short stroll away which is very nice. Breakfast is good and all the staff are helpful and nice. Be warned the resort is not super child-friendly. It's not great for toddlers as it's built on a slope with lots of steep steps and pebbly beach with decking and there are not that many activities for older kids. My two were fine for a week as they love swimming and we had good family time. We also enjoyed a visit to Spinalonga island (the former leper colony). We only wanted a short trip so we took a small boat from the hotel which suited us fine. A lovely, stylish resort with stunning views - great for a relaxing week or a romantic break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the wild beauty and unrivalled island style of a bohemian luxe resort with emblematic sea views, crystal clear waters, sparkling infinity pools, world class cuisine and bespoke services. All this combined with the resort's beach experience create a unique setting , where time seems to stand still. Blue Palace, a setting of wild grandeur. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel and TravelUp so you can book your Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Palace Hotel Elounda
- Blue Palace Resort And Spa
- Blue Palace Resort & Spa
- Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete Elounda