The hotel is contemporary, lying outside a very small village - Plaka - that is home to about six fish restaurants. The view is exquisite - across to Spinalonga Island and its ruins, and it's a must to take the ten minute boat trip to get there. The beach really is rocky but the Blue Palace has wooden walkways, and the nicest part is that you don't sit one on top of the other on the "beach." Beware, though - it's very windy here, much more so than the rest of the Elounda area, it seems. The wind does keep the heat at bay, but it can be hard to sit and read a book when the wind whips up. But we stopped in at its chief competitor, the Elounda Beach Hotel, and are very happy we chose the Blue Palace for its beauty and seclusion and spit and polish. Try for a room with a plunge pool, one of the loveliest places to hang out, and a great shady place in the afternoon. There isn't a lot of shade at the beach or at any of the three pools.
The staff is friendly but in 5 days there, no one knew who we were, so don't expect personalized service. And although the concierge is happy to help, you sometimes have to follow up to get a response - and there may be a charge for the service.
The buffet breakfast is lavish but expensive, and unless you have a car, there's no other option. Elounda is a 10 to 12 minute car-ride away. But if you do have a car, drive into Agios Nicholaos. No one at the hotel told us what a neat place it is - not overly fancy but not down on its heels - just a fun and hopping place to shop, have dinner, and watch the crowds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the wild beauty and unrivalled island style of a bohemian luxe resort with emblematic sea views, crystal clear waters, sparkling infinity pools, world class cuisine and bespoke services. All this combined with the resort's beach experience create a unique setting , where time seems to stand still. Blue Palace, a setting of wild grandeur. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Southall Travel so you can book your Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Palace Hotel Elounda
- Blue Palace Resort And Spa
- Blue Palace Resort & Spa
- Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete Elounda