My husband stayed for five nites in September. Let me preface the review by saying that we stayed on a combination of free Starwood nights and points/ cash redemption. So we spent very little for a room (which they upgraded to a beautiful suite without any prompting). I'm thinking if I spent 700 euro/ nite I may be a bit more picky. But I can't find really any areas to complain about.
We arrived on a Wednesday afternoon in our dreadful little rental car (yes, although they assured me it was an upgrade, I was a bit sheepish pulling up to the swank entrance to have the Nissan micra valeted!). Right from the beginning, you could tell you were at a 5-star resort. The porter looked after our luggage. One of the concierge took us for a tour of the main building and then took us in the golf cart to the south building where our suite was located. I highly recommend this part of the property. If you're not going to shell out for a room that has a private pool (we never saw one person using theirs - why use your bathtub size private pool when there were beautiful pools and the oceans a short ride on the vernicular away?) In the south building is the free business centre, an extensive library (for cheesy reads by the pool) and it is sooo quiet here.
Our suite was breath-taking. Large space, great lounge area, huge balcony and the bathroom was so luxurious - heated floors, TV for the tub, rain shower. Very high end toiletries and great fluffy towels. They also gave us a bottle of wine and fresh fruit to greet us. The turn down service was very attentive - freshening of the bathroom, nite face masks, chocolate and the next day's weather report.
We ate in the hotel resto once (separate review). Excellent food and service but sooooo overpriced.
To get to the beach, there's a vernicular from the hotel - how luxurious is that? I can't imagine a more decadent hotel and don't know why this isn't #1 rated for Crete. Service was exceptional - a true concierge service, free valet parking, prompt pool service (I mean they walk you to your lounge chair with towels in hand!). Overall, an excellent experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the wild beauty and unrivalled island style of a bohemian luxe resort with emblematic sea views, crystal clear waters, sparkling infinity pools, world class cuisine and bespoke services. All this combined with the resort's beach experience create a unique setting , where time seems to stand still. Blue Palace, a setting of wild grandeur. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Holiday Gems, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Palace Hotel Elounda
- Blue Palace Resort And Spa
- Blue Palace Resort & Spa
- Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete Elounda