Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete
  • Pool
US$232
US$226
US$359
Elounda Palm Hotel(Elounda)(Great Value!)
US$112
Elounda Bay Palace(Elounda)
US$276
US$222
Hotels.com
Elounda Ilion Hotel(Elounda)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$102
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
1,781 results
All reviewsblue doorspinalonga islandprivate poolflame restaurantasia bluearsenali bargreek tavernasuperior bungalowbeach levelisland suitelarge pebblesour honeymoonlounge chairsplaka villagelarge resortpebble beachguest services
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 August 2007

Our trip was for my Husaband's 40th as a surprise. Long planned so we benefitted from the early bird package - well worth it - breakfast was to die for! free champagne and any type of food you desired - I had smoked salmon and trout, fresh fruit and breads every day.

The staff are impeccable and service good - can be slightly slow at the bars but you don't really care - it is a relaxing atmosphere anyway.

The food in all restaurants fab - especially Asia Blue.

We managed to get our own private suite with private pool as an upgrade which absolutely made our stay. I would reiterate comments about the pools near the lift, but not about lift queues - we went height of season and never waited once in a queue. By the way comments about private pools being cold - not at all, ours was perfect and not heated - bear in mind it was August though.

We walked to the beach a lot too - few minutes. You can take a buggy or the lift. The Plaka town worth a visit as is the supermarket for stocking up. The bars and restaurants here are cheaper too - only 5 minutes walk.

As one would expect dining and drinking at the hotel is fairly expensive - 150 euro for two with little to drink is what we paid for 2 courses. Still that is what you exect at such an establishment I suppose.

Only criticism would be that the gym could easily fit in 3 more running machines - we went every day and had to wait even at 8am! I have fed this back to the management anyway. So if you are not a gym fanatic no problem.

The towels and linen are of superior quality and there is even complimentary sun cream in the bathrooms!

We ordered quite a lot of room service coffee - about 7 euro for one. They arrived promptly.

You can order your own taxi to and from hotel which is cheaper to do - depends if you can be bothered. Or you can always take the helicopter! taxi is an hours drive to Heraklion.

We absolutely loved it - stayed by our own pool most of the time as it was private - Junior Suite if thats what you are after.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank adibum1
Reviewed 29 August 2007

Firstly, we stayed in the grand villa at Blue Palace and it was the best room we have ever stayed in, with 2 pools, luxury in-room entertainment (ipods, ps2s etc.) and fantastic living space, we couldn't fault it.

I would like to clear up a few things:

1. The service at this hotel is usually fantastic and the staff were always there to help you.

2. The panormaic lift does not take 15 minutes to come to your floor, we had a maximum wait time of about 4 mins and it is also not at all noisy

3. If you complain about the price of the food, which is fairly priced for the excellent quality of it, maybe you should consider staying in a 4 star hotel!!!!

4. Yes, the beach is pebbly, but not dangerous in the slightest as long as you are careful.

5. The pools in the villas are lovely and warm at 30 degrees c!!! and you can quite easily swim in thim.

My overall opinion:

this hotel has many different types of rooms. We stayed in the best available and had an excellent time. SOme of the rooms, however, with no pool and very small floorspace, in my opinion, are not worth getting. So, if you are planning to stay at this hotel, pay as much as you can for your room and you won't be dissapointed.

1  Thank scott909
Reviewed 25 August 2007

Having booked direct with the hotel after lots of web research and purchased my flights I thought I'd look on tripadvisor - oh no!!!
Howverver, the varied reports do not in any way reflect me experience which was excellent. Don't get me wrong, I'm no push-over, I stay in many 5 star hotels around the world at the expense of my company and understand how difficult it is to deliver a premium service but as this was my own money I wanted perfection!

I was not disapointed - from the airport colection service to the check in right through to the room maids and 'ultimate guest service' everything went so well and no complaints at all.

What concernes me is the varied reports on tripadvisor - they make no sense. OK it's probably not a hotel for those with youung families of if you are bugeting on a shoe-string but I'd have no hesitation in recomending this to anyone - its simply an oasis of calm.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank all_ar0und_the_world
Reviewed 20 August 2007

I would say to anyone going to this hotel- check and double check they have your reservation. We arrived at the airport with a young baby to find no car waiting for us, and- horror of horrors- no reservation at the hotel. It transpired they thought we were coming two days later, despite having many emails confirming spa treatments/baby equipment etc all giving our date of arrival.

So we waited for two hours at the airport (not a good way to start a holiday) and a taxi apparently with a baby seat turned up. The baby seat was actually a 1 inch booster seat which the 7 month old was supposed to be strapped onto with regular seatbelt. Hmm.

We arrived at the hotel, and there was no apology, and we got shown to a room without a pool (we'd booked one with a pool) on the top floor that could only be accessed by steps, again not helpful with a baby. We made it very clear that we were unhappy, but they did not go out of their way to help (I agree with some previous comments that they don't have an individual touch and don't REALLY care about their customers).

When finally we were ready to move into our room two days later, they said they'd help us pack and it was a disaster- they put everything, baby food, a kettle FULL OF WATER, sterilizer etc into a plastic bag. That didn't show much care and attention.

Not impressed. Then we all got a tummy bug/food poisioning so not a great holiday all in all.... And for the prices they charge- we wouldn't go back.

3  Thank angelfamily
Reviewed 16 August 2007

After reading very mixed reviews, I was curious to see the Blue Palace for myself. Here are some of our observations that may be helpful to others:
1- This is a large resort. The rooms (250, I believe) are spread out over a hillside. This means taking an elevator to the beach, the spa and certain restaurants.
2-This is not really a resort for kids. There is a children's club, but it is not centrally located. You must walk across the parking lot to another section of the hotel to drop off your child. This means that if you are at the beach level, you must return to the top of the complex to check on your child. There is no radio system for notification if your child needs you. The club is often closed on Mondays and sometimes closed at lunchtime. The activites are very loosely structured (not much going on) and my son said many of the toys were broken. There is a sad little playground near the beach with an open sandbox. This is touchy given the number of sickly looking stray cats walking around. I should say, though, the most of the staff is very kid-friendly.
3- The food was good, but pricey. Plan on 200-300 euro per day for a family of 4.
4- The spa is wonderful. They are very flexible regarding schedules. The spa staff is top notch.
5- Overall, the service was outstanding. Room service was fast and accommodating . They even offered to bring candles for an evening meal.
6- The resort itself is spotless. Rooms are comfortable, although for some reason there is no dresser space. We had very little room to put away our folded clothes. It is annoying to live out of your suitcase in a hotel of this caliber.
7- Lastly, there were only a few movies for kids and very little in the way of English family entertainment TV.
8- The design of the resort is odd and it takes a few days to become oriented. There is something of a "stark" feel to the layout. The color scheme mimics the local arid environment which is (in August) red clay and brown colored. Some of the areas lacked warmth and gave me an "empty" feeling.

6  Thank larrythecat