We booked a suite at the Elounda Peninsula in early May and loved the entire experience. The hotel is beautifully positioned overlooking the sea with wonderful views, several on-site restaurants and a private beach, plus access to a spa with stunning views further up the local hill (it’s part of the broader Elounda hotel complex).
The Peninsula hotel itself is very tastefully designed with wide, open, airy spaces throughout. In our spacious room, the view across the private beach was again wonderful, with a king-sized bed set on a mezzanine floor above the sitting area, a large marble bathroom complete with a jet-stream bath and a separate shower with multiple spray nozzles, and a balcony with plenty of room for a table & chairs, and sun loungers.
The room was just metres from the private beach although it is about 2km to Elounda town up & down the hilly landscape on typical Greek back-roads. For those that aren't up to it, the staff were always happy to call us a taxi to take us to the local towns (roughly 13 Euros to Ag Nikolaos, about 5km away).
The hotel is at the luxury end of the market so it’s not cheap – don’t expect a dinner for two to come to less than 150 Euros without wine and steer clear of the expensive champagne by the flute! – but the food was always excellent and the service attentive & well-timed. Breakfast was particularly good with a wide range of cereals, Danish pastries, yogurt, honey, fresh fruit and freshly cooked bacon, sausages, eggs, etc. You could even have buck's fizz for breakfast, if you're so inclined.
Above all though, the hotel’s staff made the holiday for us – they were (are) the friendliest we’ve ever experienced. Our thanks in particular go to Diana, Sofia, Liuba, Katrina, Dionosis, Maria and the manager, Manolis, who made us feel warmly welcome at all times and for whom no request was too much. Thank you.
Our week at the Peninsula went far too fast and we were very sad to leave. We’ll go for 2 weeks next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Europe's top seafront luxury hotel", according to Conde Nast traveler, with 53 suites and villas. Private pools throughout and private sandy beach for hotel guests. Seafront presidential suites have exclusive access to the sea. Six Senses Spa (opened 2006), waterfront bar over the waves, wine cellar with hundreds of labels, and movie theatre for private screenings. 9-hole golf course within the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TravelUp, Prestigia, LoveHolidays, Bookgreece.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Elounda Peninsula All Suite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elounda Peninsula All Hotel Elounda
- Peninsula Elounda
- Elounda Peninsula All Suite Hotel Crete