I've never been to the Heights before, so I'm not submitting this review as one of their 'regulars'. My brother was getting married in a chapel just over the causeway, so I stayed with my partner and various other members of my family for 9 days earlier this month. All I can say is believe all the great things you've read! The staff at the Heights will be as involved or as distant during your holidays as you like; there if you're up for a chat and a laugh, not in the least bit intrusive when you want some down time.
Your room will be cleaned every couple of days, providing the right balance between hotel and apartment. Everything was light, airy and spacious, with fantastic views over Elounda or towards the causeway depending on your room. The pool is surprisingly big (bigger than you think once you're in it), and there was enough loungers every day even with my family taking up most of them! The pool bar is ace, but pretty dangerous as far as the room tab is concerned!
Despite my brother not actually getting married at the Heights, the staff couldn't do enough for you, & staff & guests alike came to clap and cheer as we all set off for the big day; that's just the kind of place the Heights is.
You'll read some reviews saying the guests can be a bit cliquey with the owners, & to an extent it's true. But to be blunt, it's the kind of clique you want to be in. Partly because of the occasion, and partly because of the hospitality, this was a trip I will genuinely cherish forever. To sum up the ethos of the Heights I'll leave you with a quote from our stay:
Vangelis: Are you having a good time?
Us: Yes, thank you!
Vangelis: Good. Because you know if you're not, you've only got yourself to blame!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elounda Heights, owned by Vangelis and his English wife Ann, is a small boutique aparthotel with beautiful gardens complimented by Greek statues as this is the theme of the complex. All the apartments and studios are named after Greek gods and goddesses. It is truly an oasis and if you want to relax then this is the place for you. Great for honeymooners and couples just wanting a quiet restful holiday. Ideal for families wanting to unwind by the people while enjoying a fantastic view over the bay of Elounda. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Elounda Heights Apartments and Studios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elounda Heights Apartments And Studios Hotel Elounda
- Elounda Heights Apartments And Studios Crete