Just returned from a brilliant holiday at Elounda Heights.
These are excellent apartments run by Ann & Vangelis. Some are small apartments (marketed by Manos) with modern fixtures and fittings, others are samller more traditional studios which can be booked direct with the owners. There is also one full size apartment with a fully fitted kitchen, huge shower room, large double bedroom, lounge and two balconies. This is the one we stayed in and it was fantastic.
The whole complex is set at the top of a hill above Elounda with magnificent views over the bay of Mirabello and, due to the hard work put in by Vangelis, is something of an oasis with masses of greenery of all types, a lot of which Vangelis uses to create some of his dishes.
There is a vibrant pool bar serving a large variety of drinks and snacks.
Some reports have mentioned that there is a dog sanctuary on site. THIS IS NOT TRUE. Ann is an active member of an animal rescue charity and has four small rescue dogs and one cat on site, but these are pets and they are the most inoffensive and loveable animals you could wish to meet (animal lover or not). They are no trouble whatsoever and you should not be put off visiting here because of them.
Elounda village is a great little harbour with many bars, tavernas, shops and restaurants which offer a wide range of goods and services to meet any needs. Boat trips are available to Spinalonga island and also to the surrounding areas, but nothing beats Vangelis' own Sunday boat trip which takes you around the bay for swimming, snorkelling and fishing with plenty of food and drink to keep you going. This is a full day out and terrific fun.
All in all, an excellent place to spend a holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elounda Heights, owned by Vangelis and his English wife Ann, is a small boutique aparthotel with beautiful gardens complimented by Greek statues as this is the theme of the complex. All the apartments and studios are named after Greek gods and goddesses. It is truly an oasis and if you want to relax then this is the place for you. Great for honeymooners and couples just wanting a quiet restful holiday. Ideal for families wanting to unwind by the people while enjoying a fantastic view over the bay of Elounda. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo and Evoline ltd so you can book your Elounda Heights Apartments and Studios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elounda Heights Apartments And Studios Hotel Elounda
- Elounda Heights Apartments And Studios Crete