I was lucky enough to spend 3 weeks at Elounda Heights in May this year. As I was planning on holidaying by myself I did plenty of research in trying to find somewhere that was right for me (single girl mid thirties!) Elounda Heights ticked ALL the boxes!
I opted for a one bedroom apartment because of the length of time I was staying, however I did manage to get a wee look at the studios and they would have been fine for a single person or a couple if you wanted to save a few Euros but not compromise on standards. Both studios and apartments are very clean, comfortable (beds are very cosy!) and all have a balcony or terrace. The only comment that I would make is that the kitchen areas could have done with some more utensils to cook with. The apartments are cleaned (linen and towels changed) I think once a week but it seemed like every other day they were given a quick clean (bins emptied, floors swept, etc) so very happy with that.
My favorite area is the garden, pool and pool bar - for the first week I pretty much spent the entire day here. The view is amazing, the gardens are colourful and fragrant and the pool - very fresh! But perfect for cooling down in - and ahh the pool bar. Vangelis is there from morning until teatime preparing specials for dinner, making breakfast, lunch and snacks. The Cretian wine is looovely and it was a great spot to chat to other guests if you wanted a wee bit of company but also if you didn't you could relax by the pool reading and nobody would disturb you.
Every week there is a BBQ or mezes night and also a day trip, the boat trip was great fun and the food is AMAZING! Elounda town itself is very pretty and has lots of shops, restaurants and bars - nothing too wild or rowdy though which suited me just fine.
All in all I can't fault it and I don't think my review even comes close to describing how pretty much perfect my time at Elounda Heights was. Ann and Vangelis are perfect hosts, helpful, friendly, nothing was too much trouble. I dealt with Ann when making my booking, she was always very quick to respond to any queries I had and Vengelis is the most fabulous chef and charming barman!!
Go and stay at Elounda Heights - you won't be disappointed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elounda Heights, owned by Vangelis and his English wife Ann, is a small boutique aparthotel with beautiful gardens complimented by Greek statues as this is the theme of the complex. All the apartments and studios are named after Greek gods and goddesses. It is truly an oasis and if you want to relax then this is the place for you. Great for honeymooners and couples just wanting a quiet restful holiday. Ideal for families wanting to unwind by the people while enjoying a fantastic view over the bay of Elounda. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Elounda Heights Apartments and Studios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elounda Heights Apartments And Studios Hotel Elounda
- Elounda Heights Apartments And Studios Crete