“perfect place for italian food in Heraklion”
Review of Bistro La Boheme - CLOSED

Bistro La Boheme
Price range: US$9 - US$23
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Cafe
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Me and my business partner, created this bistro, according 3 factors:quality, aesthetics and quality. We try keep prices as low as we can even that creates us some other problems..... We are a small bistro that can provide food services up to 18-20 people at same time but only after a reservation.Normaly we can serve 15-16 same time...We use a high quality certified organic extra virgin olive oil that we also produce..I mention that as we use olive oil in most of our dishes..Please feel free to contact us for any further information you want... Thank YouAlex
Heraklion, Greece
“perfect place for italian food in Heraklion”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I really like Italian cuisine!
I leave in this city and love visiting this little bistro.
The owner-cook prepares all the dishes with care and love for her work.
Although there is not a variety of choices, all the ingredients are first class! I really enjoy the bruchettes and every day there is a different variety (3-4) dishes of pasta!
The wine list is average, but the cosy atmosphere and the side view (actually corner view) of the old venetian castle of Koules in the harbour compensate the lack of a long wine list.
Also it is strictly non-smoking which is good considering it is a small bistro. And keep in mind that i am a smoker.
Stefi, the cook is gentle and willing to assist for the order, as well as make small alterations in the dishes in order to please us

• Visited November 2013

• Greek first
Chania Town, Greece
“100% Italian restaurant”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I was advise by a good friend of mine for a 100% Italian restaurant.
Since you get in ,the smile of the owner and his wife ,give the first impression that everything are going to be o.k
I love Italian cuisine ,the plate were as it was when I had visit Rome ,the smell from the cuisine was like as a 100% Italian house .
I will come back with my family very soon ,because one visit at "La Boheme " is not enough.

• Visited January 2014
Shenzhen, China
“Freshly made Italian food”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Since it is winter, the restaurant wasn't open until 1pm. I almost went over across to Veneto since it has a good rating as well. We decided to wait and it turned out worth the wait. It is a small bistro and the chef is the owner. She cooks everything daily and the menu is different everyday. Its a big slow in the winter and its pretty much a one person restaurant. She got a helper but came in late so kind of making our lunch dragged on. The food was very good. We love Italian and this is one of the place we consider the Italian food authentic and very good. Even though she was busy, the owner was attentive enough. Not an easy job. I would have given her a 5 if the helper was here on time.

• Visited December 2013
Hereford, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A nice surprise in Heraklion”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Operating in a restaurant manner this little bistro came as a very and fresh surprise.
The dishes where very well executed, the service was outstanding and most important the ingredients where freshly prepared.

I went there for my birthday and the very welcoming hostess made sure that we where looked after from the moment we walked in. Non smoking (as it should be) small but delicious menu with the combination of Cretan ingredients and original Italian flavours.

Thank you. Keep doing what you do.

• Visited November 2013
Heraklion, Greece
“Great service and atmosphere but food is average”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We have heard excellent comments for this restaurant but unfortunately after visiting it we were a bit disappointed food-wise, The atmosphere and service were perfect, however the food was not what we expected. We had a La Boheme salad and bruschette to start. The bruschette were very good but the salad was...boring. For main dish there is a limited choice (only 4 items, different every night) and again we thought that it wasn't something special..

• Visited August 2013