All reviews agia pelagia moussaka self catering holiday great balcony min walk clean rooms swimming pool lygaria liza hosts liqueur siroco crete euro sunbeds
Reviewed 23 August 2012

we stayed here for 3 nights, wish we had stayed longer! The location is great, the view is breathtaking. You can either enjoy the pool overlooking the beach or opt for the sea which is 10 minutes walking away. The sea is very clean and the area is very beautiful, mailny visited by locals und unknown to the big tourist crowd. Very close to other places worth visiting, and the more vivid Agia Pelagia is just 6 km away. Owners are lovely people, we felt like home. Rooms are very clean, cosy and well-decorated. Highly recommended.

Room tip: all rooms are great. We stayed at the ground floor, which was as great as higher apartments. Not deprived of the view at all. Rooms come with their private terace.
Date of stay: August 2012
Reviewed 1 June 2012

10 of my guest for my wedding stayed there for more than a week. The appartments are clean, quiet, knew with a wonderful swimming pool. They all agreed that it was one of the most wonderful vacations they ever had!

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank amelia p
Reviewed 26 May 2012

We have now visited Erivilos every year for the last three years - and will go again and again.
What a special place for a holiday, exceptional hosts where nothing is too much trouble to make your holiday everything you had planned. The apartments are all facing the bays, with a delightful view from the balconies, well equipped and very pretty. Lovely pool with small area for children and plenty of of sunbeds with a lovely pool bar which serves home made breakfasts (which are delicious) and lunches. You can also enjoy an evening drink overlooking the bays and watching the lovely sunset which is stunning. You may even get the chance to learn some Greek dancing one evening.
I always say to Litza it is like coming home every time.

Date of stay: May 2012
2  Thank Duijvelaars
Reviewed 14 May 2012

This is the third time I have stayed at the Erivolis within 12 months. That is recommendation in itself. I first visited with my daughter in June 2011, returned with my husband in October 2011 and again April 2012. A balanced review should have pros and cons but I can honestly not find any criticism to make. Lisa and Vasilis the onsite owners are genuine, generous and available at all hours. It feels like returning to visit familly except my Greek is minimal but Lisa and Vasilis have sufficient English for us to get by. The rooms are spotless and spacious, the room rates unbelievably good value, the breakfast more than filling and Lisa's home cooking and baking is wonderful. Don't think about calories! 9 studios and a pool that feels like an infinity pool with a backdrop of mountains set above the crescent shaped bay of Lygaria beach is for me a paradise. Coupled with evening meals at the Lygaria Taverna owned/run by the charming Michael Dayiantas and this small resort is the most warm and welcoming and beautiful for me in Crete. I LOVE IT! My spiritual home and I promise to learn some Greek Lisa!

Room tip: Rooms, 6,7 and 9 are elevated and have more privacy and wonderful views of Lygaria bay and the hills beyond. Can be breezy but that can be a bonus in extreme heat.
Date of stay: April 2012
Reviewed 14 June 2011

We arrived early on a Friday (few hours earlier than checkin) and were welcomed by the owner, Litsa, who is lovely and had just baked an delicious raisin cake which the children happily devoured within minutes while we waited to check into our room. I would love to get the recipe for this cake by the way. The view from all corners of the hotel is gorgeous, especially from our own balcony which was where we spent a fair amount of time relaxing in the mornings and afternoons after swimming. I must also mention that the owners bring a full breakfast to your room so you can enjoy the food and the tranquility of your balcony and the view. The breakfast was a 5 euro extra charge and worth every cent. The none room hotel complex has very pretty colours, a nice size pool and smaller baby pool side and looks over Lygaria beach which is quiet and lovely for both couples and a family. One of the tavernas on the beach Sirocco was one of the best places we ate in Crete. We have been to Crete many times and to many sides of Crete so I believe we are experienced travellers. The room itself was a two room apartment which was very convenient for us travelling with the children. The beds were very comfortable as were the light piquet blankets and it was literally spotless. We would definitely go back to this hotel and would recommend it to both couples and families.

Date of stay: June 2011