“Old hotel in the centre”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Olympic

Hotel Olympic
Ranked #22 of 58 Hotels in Heraklion
Athens, Greece
“Old hotel in the centre”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

The hotel is located close to the centre of the city and also close to the main road to the airport. Although the hotel is old and renovated, it is a decent solution for a short stay, especially if you are in the city for business. Rooms are small and some of them have no view at all. Still, they are clean and all the basic equipment is available as well as free wi-fi. The staff is friendly and eager to help you. Breakfast is quite simple with only the basics.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Athens, Greece
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed for one night, whilst traveling for business. The room rate was low, but fare for what I got; that is a cold room without any personality, a crt tv, and 2 single beds with slightly scented sheets. Also a good wifi (free) and.... that's it. I didn't try breakfast...

• Stayed December 2013
Milan, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

the hotel is perfectly located exactly in the centre of Heraklio, everything is walking distance. The best rooms are in the front side facing the square, all with balconies but too noisy because of the traffic; the others on the back side are terribles: very small with even a smaller balcony and noisy as well since they are face the Street as well; the inside ones are better, biggers but no balcony at all. The cleaning is minimum, we stay a week and they never change us the sheets, just the towels (every day) and never clean properly the floor. Considering the prices are a bit too expensive for what the rooms offer but I defenetly recommend the hotel if you want to be good located.

Room Tip: rooms that face the square in the highest floors to not be disturb by the traffic
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Αθήνα, Ελλάδα
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

Location is perfect... at a walking distance you have everything you need... it is clean and the staff is ok... but for the rest everything is so basic... perhaps I had my worst breakfast I ever had in a hotel like this... the poorest and the worse quality in everything from the something that looked like cheese to something that looked like ham... I will absolutely never stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Evdokimust
Kenilworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

The Olymipc hotel is very well situated near to the heart of Iraklion. It is a short walk to the main town square, archeological museum and the bus to Knossos. There are a lot of good value restaurants, cafes and and tavernas nearby and the main market street is nearby.

The room was large, cool and spotlessly clean and the air-conditioning ran quietly.. The staff were helpful and spoke excellent english.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: There is at least one room with a balcony. Ask for when booking.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dewsbury, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

Travelling on my own, I stayed here one night on Saturday, 24th A ugust. The room was clean. Traffic noise disturbed my sleep, a little, ands the breakfast was indifferent, to say the least. However, I wonder if anyone else has concerns over missing items? About 10.15pm, I went out for a meal for about 2 hours. Unusually for me, I left a £20 note in the front of my hand luggage (my only luggage) and I think I left my watch. Then and breakfast time were the only times the case was left unattended until I reached my family's rented villa.
Thankfully, I had not left anything of real value in my room.
It wasn't until a week later when I returned to Heraklion that I realised the items were missing. I stayed at another hotel, but checked at reception to see if my watch had been handed in. I didn't pursue the issue because I had no-one with me to corroborate my story; however, a niggle of doubt remains and this is why I ask if anyone else had a similar experience.

Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank gooseberry46
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

It was an one day business visit to Heraklion so I had to stay in a centrally located hotel.
An advantage is the taxi rank 24/7 and the shopping area which are next door. I only paid E 65 ( I booked it the day before) which is quite reasonable if you consider the time of the year 31/8 to 1/9. The room (304) is rather small, but the breakfast is rather big and the reception service is quite helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor and keep the window closed in high season to ensure quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Heraklion
Hotel Panormo Beach
#10 of 37 in Elounda
Oasis Hotel
Oasis Hotel
#5 of 8 in Skaleta

Been to Hotel Olympic? Share your experiences!