Want no sleep, Book this hotel! J&J Cape Town, South Africa
We booked this hotel via the Internet - based on customer reviews. Quoted as being close (15kms) to airport, we booked to have a good night's rest before our international flight.
Well - try and sleep through a Greek Baptism celebration! It is impossible unless you are deaf! This hotel caters for very large
Greek functions - this is not mentioned when you book although we were told that an e-mail is sent out informing guests of a function before arrival. I have gone thru all my e-mails for the past month - no e-mail re the function.
We asked to change rooms - the new room was slightly quieter but the air-con was not working and the basin poured water straight onto the bathroom floor instead of into a drain! So we returned to our original room and the Greek party sounds. If we had not required any sleep, it could have been fun to watch this very important aspect of Greek life.
The hotel is "Budget" - Poorly furnished in basic style, shower head (hand-held!) fell off, no spare toilet roll, not serviced on the day we were there, the breakfast was extremely poor despite being advertised as a "Rich" Buffet.
Advertised as a typical Cretan Village, it would be good if they also advertised the noise from the typical "Village Square"
We were given a discount of 1 night (luckily we had to leave at 18.00hrs so escaped from the second huge baptism function on the second night.) Receptionist apologised but as these functions appear to be the main business of the hotel, all guests should, in our opinion, be forewarned.
The directions provided are also not clear for first-time visitors.
All in all, not an experience to be repeated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arolithos Traditional Cretan Village is really a very special case. It is a hotel at the form of an old village of Crete. Constructed at the form of an old village it travels us back to the past times. The rooms are very standard but with the necessary services. There is a magnificent swimming pool with a breathtaking view over the city of Heraklion and the valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Arolithos Traditional Cretan Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arolithos Traditional Cretan Village Hotel Heraklion
- Arolithos Hotel Heraklion
- Arolithos Traditional Cretan Village Crete/Heraklion