“Great value and location ”
Review of Hotel Mirabello

Hotel Mirabello
Ranked #22 of 58 Hotels in Heraklion
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Good place, great location right next to the square where all the action is, also handy for the ferries and bus station. Down side was it was a bit noisy on Friday night but fine on Sat. Room was simple but well equipped with tea and coffee making facilities, always welcome! All in all though a great value hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Beeblebrot

Reviewed 14 April 2014

My second stay here, and the welcome was just as warm as my first time, last autumn. Room was very clean and comfortable, and it was great to have tea/coffee-making facilities and a balcony to catch the sun on. The hotel is very close to the shops, bars, and cafes of the centre, but also near to the sea and harbour, so a perfect location. The personal touch and friendly staff ensure that your stay is very pleasant: I'd definitely return!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank stormswept
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Excellent experience!
A friendly hotel in the center of Heraklion, clean and friendly!
You have the opportunity to walk at the beautiful Venetian wall beside the sea in just few minutes, eat fresh fish beside the view of the castle in the port and dring a coffe at the morozini square(lions square).. And all these things just two minutes walk for your hotel.
I am very happy for being there, I hope I will see you soon again!
Best regards
To Mirabelo's "family"

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank marouska_13
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I enjoyed my 2 night stay at Mirabello. The hotel is in a convenient location especially for those travelling without a car. The room was clean and catered to my needs. The free use of the computer in the common area was very helpful.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. They were able to recommend good restaurants, and gave good instructions on getting to places.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Viv_Melbourne
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Iraklio hotels were the most expensive of our trip, so I was a bit concerned when I booked Mirabello given its relatively low price. I should not have worried.

It is reasonably close to the bus station (about a 12 minute walk with luggage) and the port (15 min walk with luggage), though take note that it is difficult to avoid some long staircases on the walk. I chose it for this location advantage, as we arrived by public bus from Chania and sailed for Santorini the next morning.

It is only a couple of blocks off the main tourist drag (far enough away to be quiet) and a fairly easy walk to the archaeological museum. There are many places to eat and drink within a few blocks and we had an enjoyable night out.

Mirabello has an elevator, which is always a huge plus for luggage. Reception was friendly. The room was nice and we had a lovely little balcony with a sea view to the side. There was a refrigerator in the room. My only complaint was that the water in the shower was not quite as hot as I would prefer, but I like very hot showers. The free wifi was sufficiently fast. They do not offer breakfast.

I am glad I booked this place despite my concern based on some negative reviews, and would recommend it to others looking for the same convenience we were.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank nicegirl512
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I decided to give this hotel a "very good" rating because of the warm and helpful attitude of the staff, and the low price. At a price of 30-something euro per night for a single room, what I got was pretty decent: a very small and modest single room, a shared rooftop veranda with view to the sea, free wifi everywhere, and most of all - a great location right in the center of the old town, a few blocks away from Lions' Square. The down side was that the water flow in the shower was very weak, but enough to take a shower, and the wifi didn't always work. The hotel doesn't offer breakfast, but you can get a coffee maker in the room, and there are pleanty of eateries outside, plus a nearby supermarket. So, if you're spoiled and want to be pampered, perhaps this hotel is not the right place for you, but if you're mostly interested in traveling and are satisfied with a modest but decent budget hotel, I highly recommend Hotel Mirabello, first and foremost on account of the warm hospitality.

Room Tip: Uppermost floor is best choice.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Guy D
Reviewed 18 September 2013

My husband and I stayed in the family-run Hotel Mirabello for our last night in Crete before flying home to Canada. We were more than satisfied with the experience, starting with our warm welcome at the front desk. The service was excellent -- very friendly and helpful --and the clean double room, although small, met all our needs: a private bathroom (also very small, but well-designed), two night tables with lights, a wardrobe, a desk, a kettle with complimentary tea and coffee, a small refrigerator, a hair dryer, shampoo, free wi-fi and a small balcony from which we could see the water. The hotel is ideally located just steps from the city centre and major attractions, including the Natural History Museum, which we found fascinating. Thank you, Hotel Mirabello -- we hope to be back again to visit Truly Spectacular Crete! J&B, Toronto, Canada

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple