All reviews sea view great location one night the bus venetian fortress will stay there again ferry port hotel is located town centre great shower min walk couple of nights enjoyed my stay nice breakfast buffet breakfast air conditioning rooms are small
Reviewed 1 June 2018

This is a slightly dated hotel, the decor could certainly do with an upgrade. And you cannot fir more than one person at a time in the bathroom, it really is quite small.

However - it's one of the few cheap choices in the town centre, it's a 2-minute walk from the harbour, 10 minutes walk from the city Archeological museum and the bus stop to the airport and to Knossos, and has decent breakfast with a good coffee.

What makes this hotel a 5-star to me is the staff. Really nice, friendly, helpful people. We arrived at 2am (delayed flight) and the guy at the reception cheered us up even at this time of day.

Recommended.

Room tip: There are rooms with a view of the harbour.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

The Kronos Hotel was a welcome haven in the midst of my travels. It was clean and comfortable with very agreeable staff who answered all my questions and gave me lots of ideas for things to see and do, after a very nice breakfast. It is just across the street from the restaurant patios hugging the waterfront walkway and the Venetian Pier - a great place for a pre-dinner stroll, and a kilometre or less from the Natural History Museum. I felt safe and valued. It’s also a km or so from the new Archaeology/History Museum which contains tons of brilliant artifacts from Knossos and the Minoan civilization. I will go back to this hotel on my next visit to Crete. Euxaristo!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed one night as arrived on a late ferry. The hotel is 15/20 min walk from the ferry port and main coach terminal and practically round the corner from the centre with all its restaurants, bars and shops.
The guy at reception spoke English and German and was friendly and helpful.
The hotel itself is quite simple but clean and we even had free water in the fridge. It's probably not the place for a 2 week holiday but perfect for a few nights in the city.

Date of stay: October 2017
1  Thank osmachar
Reviewed 5 October 2017

We were very satisfied with this hotel because not expensive, we had a room with sea view, breakfast included, etc.
When we visited it was low season and so there were not a lot of customers in the hotel.
Very near to the sea (and the Fortress), the city center is also not far.

Date of stay: November 2016
1  Thank Rosario_it
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Central location, walkable to the port and into old town. Facilities were clean, bed was very Comfortable, bathroom was very modern. We were greeted by Costas who said he gave us his best room with the best view from the balcony which I do not disagree! Breakfast is extra cost but very good buffet selection. Recommended!

Date of stay: September 2017