Just returned from two week stay and feel as relaxed and chilled as I have done in a long time. The accomodation is excellent - with large rooms, bathroom is small - but it does have a shower cubicle which is rare for Greece. Small kitchenette with kettle and toaster - again rare for Greece. The food is excellent, with good simple but huge portions for lunch and in the evening 'Mamma' cooks up wonderful Cretan and Greek meals as part of a set menu (typically 17 Euros for huge greek salad, bread and Mamma's special of the day for 2, plus a tot of local firewater afterwards). Malame itself isn't the most quaint or pretty of Greek locations, but it is very quiet with some wonderful Tavernas on the beach (our favourite was Wave), with wonderful views across the sea. The beach is stoney, and again quiet. We'd return as the people within the village are all very friendly and it is a wonderful place to relax, with plenty of options for lovely traditional food at a very reasonable price. It escapes the tourist trap. Chania town is half an hour away on a pretty decent bus service 4.60 Euros for two to Chania one way. Buses go every half hour. The more lively (and touristy) resort of Platanias is 10 mins on the bus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LEDRA MALEME HOTEL is located 15km outside the town center of Hania, 30km from the airport, 20km from Souda port and only 150 meters away from the beach. Not too far from the hotel you can fish, water ski, scuba dive, wind-surf, etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Stayforlong S.L., Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ledra Maleme reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ledra Maleme Hotel Maleme
- Ledra Maleme Chania
- Ledra Maleme Hotel Chania
- Ledra Maleme Crete