“Fabulous resort!”

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Maleme
Reading, United Kingdom
“Fabulous resort!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Louis Creta in May/June 2014. The resort was fantastic, the rooms were spotless with everything we needed, everywhere was kept clean and well maintained, and the surroundings were lovely. The staff were faultless, offering help and assistance in everything we needed, from answering basic enquiries to letting my boyfriend take 2 sizes of swim shorts from the store and return the one he didn't need!!!!
The restaurant staff were a delight, greeting us as friends each day and no matter how busy they were they took time to stop and see how we were. The food itself met my difficult dietary requirements without any worry which is rare to find!
Our Thompson tour rep was lovely also and overall the holiday was perfect!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank FlicR
LOUIS_HOTELS, Manager at Louis Creta Princess Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for your lovely feedback following a stay at the Louis Creta Princess.

It is an absolute delight to hear that you deeply enjoyed our exceptional cuisine and its variety as well as our spacious rooms and dedicated staff.

We kindly thank you for your appreciation and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Louis Creta Princess again soon.

Warm wishes,

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend & I returned on 13th June from Louis Creta princess and had a great stay. Pleasant welcome on arrival, staff could not have been more friendly. All speaking good english and very helpful. We stayed in a bungalow room facing the pool (I recommend) and it was perfect for us. Clean, working air con, lots of storage, huge tv, reasonable bath and shower and small balcony with a sea view over looking the pool.

Food was standard all inclusive, a little repetitive but lots of choice. Always a healthy option, veggie option, kids corner with things like chicken nuggets and burgers and drinks (soft and alcoholic) free and accessible to help yourselves.

A huge range of cocktails from the bars in the evening which were lovely and the Asian buffet restaurant was lovely, (and free) definitely book in!

Pizza served three days a week at the pool bar and ice cream is available most of the day completely free also.

Good location, with free coach to town and a busstop right outside to get into north crete. Huge pool area is always clean and tidy, all staff from receptionists managers cleaners and management were all very helpful and welcoming.

My boyfriend and I had a lovely say and would recommend to couples and families, looking for a relaxing all inclusive holiday.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Sarahmj93
LOUIS_HOTELS, Manager at Louis Creta Princess Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Guest,

On behalf oh the Louis Creta Princess we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel as your holiday destination and for taking the time to write such a nice review.

It gives us great joy to read that you had a brilliant stay with us and we thank you for your kind admiration.
We are delighted to hear that you appreciated our nice bungalows as much as our friendly and helpful staff.
We hope to welcome you back at the Louis Creta Princess soon.

Warm wishes,

colwyn bay
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Just come home from spending 1 week at the hotel with my boyfriend. If this hotel ws classes as a 3* and paid maybe £200 less each if be obliged to give a good review but I feel I have well overpaid which straight away set my expectations high, the hotel itself is lovely. Clean and staff very friendly, in particular the lovely maid that I saw every morning who did a fantastic job in our room, what let me down ws the food and the all inclusive services, I did not enjoy one meal in the main restaraunt, the food was cheap, nasty and more often than not, raw!!! For a hotel that has been rated as a 4* this was no where near good enough, the food was bland badly prepared and to say again undercooked and sloppy, although the Asian restaraunt was fabulous and really enjoyed the food their, as for the all inclusive, it was very basic and have experienced better services from hotels at a 3* rating, beer was good, good soft drinks but had to pay for orange juice and served orange squash as juice as free, no rose wine (ok no a buggy but don't like white it red) no ice cream/lollies for the children, snacks were quite good at the bar help urself service but very repatative, yes I've moaned a lot but over all the hotel itself was lovely and have a great holiday just wish I hadn't spent so much money having to go to near by restaraunt sand pay for my tea as the food being so bad,

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank hayleydoyle81
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about a stay at the Louis Creta Princess.

We are glad to hear that you found our staff very friendly and helpful. However, we are shocked to read that the overall value of our all-inclusive did not entice you at all. It is not often that we receive comments like yours and of course your feedback will be given serious thought and consideration especially with regards to our cuisine. You also mentioned our juice and of course fresh juice is charged extra, as is the case in many all inclusive hotels worldwide. Regarding ice cream, we are surprised that you did not notice the ice cream fridge in our main restaurant, which is self-service and free at all times.

We hope that despite your dislike of our all inclusive offer you will still grace Louis Hotels with a future visit. Perhaps one of our hotels in Cyprus would be more suited to your tastes, like the Louis Imperial or the Louis Ledra.

Best regards,

Horsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

We returned today from a 10 night stay at the Louis Creta Princess Hotel today, 6th June. Myself, my husband, two young girls aged 4 and 6 and my mum all stayed at Louis creta and all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves despite some pretty miserable weather over a couple of days. Upon arrival we were met by a warm and friendly team and the staff were lovely toward the children offering them sweets too! Prior to travelling I had emailed the hotel requesting that our two rooms were close together and this they accommodated. We had two bungalows, one overlooked the hotels mini 5 a side football pitch/sea and one garden/sea view. Both nice rooms, basic and not ultra modern but probably what you should expect from a four star. Rooms were clean, plenty of towels. You have to pay a daily tariff for the room safe (about 3.50 euros per day, payable at the end of your stay). For all inclusive you have beach/pool towels provided free but with a 5 euro per towel returnable deposit at the start of your stay. These can be changed for fresh clean ones every few days. Rooms were cleaned daily although our only complaint was that the beds were not fully made each day and there was little space to dry your wet towels/ swim wear. Pools were incredibly clean and catered for all swimmers young and inexperienced or confident swimmers. My two loved the sloping beach effect part. The water slides were an awful lot of fun and my legs ached after days of climbing the stairs and justified my evening meals and drinks! We were very happy with the food. A good assortment and the salads were lovely! Lots of local produce and traditional Cretan delights. Children were catered for and had their own low level food servery which they enjoyed doing. Lots of fresh fruit and different nationality breakfasts. Plenty of seating. Each night they had a themed meal ie Italian, Mediterranean etc... We ate in Mura, their new oriental restaurant 3 times and it was amazing! Top quality food and a place for louis creta to be proud of. Drinks were fine and pool side bar great. My only complaint there is they do not have a 'Baileys' option. All staff were very friendly and helpful, the entertainment team did an amazing job. My kids loved the face paints, kids cinema, crazy games and especially the kids disco for which I thank the team for forever engraving half a dozen songs into my head for ever! Happy is the club theme and I think that sums up our stay, we were all very happy and had a very relaxing and enjoyable stay. One last thing to say is how close everything was, so convenient to have our room so close to the pool side/beach/melame resort/local supermarket. Melame is a beautiful village, not developed too much and holds onto an authentic charm. Chania is just a free bus ride from hotel away and is definitely worth a visit.

Thank you to all the team at the hotel who helped to give us a great time.

Room Tip: Sea room views from main hotel or bungalows with sea view!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Katie B
LOUIS_HOTELS, Manager at Louis Creta Princess Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear guest,

On behalf of the Louis Creta Princess we thank you for choosing our hotel as your holiday destination and for posting this nice review.

It is a pleasure for us to hear that you had a fantastic holiday and that you have noticed the dedication and the endeavor of our staff in order to please our customers. In regards to your comment about the housekeeping department, we are surprised because usually we receive much praise. Still, we will take a closer look at the matter in order to improve our services.
Nonetheless, we are glad you had a great time and that the hotel has met your expectations.

It would be a great pleasure to have you here as a guest once more so we hope that you will return to the Louis Creta Princess soon.

Kindest regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the louis creta princess 16th May for a week and really enjoyed my stay here food was really lovely plenty of choice cocktails great especially the tequila sunrise. Staff wonderful your plates were cleared straight away just wish I had brought my granddaughter has she would have loved the pools. Maybe next year as I will definitely return.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Carole K
LOUIS_HOTELS, Manager at Louis Creta Princess Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at the Louis Creta Princess and for taking the time to write such a lovely review.

We are delighted to know that you fully enjoyed your stay and deeply appreciated the dedication of our staff as well as the high quality of our food.

We look forward to your returning visit at Louis Creta Princess.

With best wishes,

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

We went here at the end of May - June for 14 nights. We'd read the reviews and were worried about some of the negative comments, but in our case they weren't deserved. We had a great stay, and felt it was an excellent resort for families.

We travelled with a 3-year old. They had plently to entertain him, including a cinema (which is just a TV in a room...), 2 outside playgrounds and 2 pools specifically for children. There is also a kids club which you can use, but children under 4 have to be supervised by an adult. The childrens disco is brilliant, and we found the following entertainment was appropriate for children. The animation team were great with kids too.

The food was a good quality, with loads of choice. It wasn't always to our taste, but it was catering for all nationalities so it's understandable. We never went hungry! The drinks are also really nice, even though it was only local drinks in the all-inclusive package. I've had them in the past that were undrinkable, but I couldn't tell the cocktails used non-branded alcohol. The wine and beer is on tap, and whilst the wine wouldn't suit the wine snobs in my family it was fine.

Staff were friendly and helpful and we had absolutley no issues with them. They did a good job of maintaining our room, kept the resort clean and tidy and did whatever was needed to help us out.

I was concerned over people's negative remarks on the 'Russians'. We missed them in the first week, but the resort was quite busy in our second week. My advice would be: don't bother queueing in the canteen, there's no point and you'll only get annoyed when others don't. The bar staff do actively try to see who was next at the bar, so I've had people pushing in and I was still served before them. They seem to do what they can to minimise people pushing in, and I thought it was a great touch.

The only things that bothered me, and it's because I didn't read it properly on the website, is that WiFi is paid for (and costs a fortune) and the safe is 3.50 per day, which is nonsense. But it is a budget resort, and they never tried to hide these extras.

We really enjoyed our stay here and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Chris5352013
Dear guest,

On behalf of the Louis Creta Princess we thank you for choosing our hotel as your holiday destination and for posting your feedback online.

It is a great joy to know that our wonderful hotel has met your expectations. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the company of our friendly staff, the high quality of our food and the variety of our beverages.

Thank you for recommending us and we hope to have you as our guest again at the Louis Creta Princess.

Yours faithfully,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Just returning from a fantastic holiday at this brilliant hotel.Can't ever remember going home after a family holiday with no complaints at all ( apart from the weather which was rather disappointing for early June). From the moment we arrived at the hotel until the minute we checked out, everything was absolutely spot on. The food was exceptional, with plenty of choice at every mealtime, even smaller children had their own buffet selection offering the usual chicken nuggets, pasta ,fries etc. The Greek yoghurt with honey was to die for! We had a garden room and although basic and on the small side had a lovely view of the beach and sea and was adequate. The pool is probably the hotel'a best feature especially for children. The slides were a favourite and the many life guards did a superb job and were well
respected. Plenty of sunbeds and parasols meant there was no mad rush in the morning either.
The animation team led by Lucy was amazing. Although we didn't participate in any of the many daytime activities on offer, we did watch all the evening shows. The team were all so talented, and the acts polished to perfection. If they're not there next season they'll be starring in the West End!!
Brits are in the minority here but it's not a problem and everyone is so friendly. We'll definitely be returning again to the lovely island of Crete and especially to the Louis Creta! Well done to everyone and thanks for a great holiday! Martin, Sarah and Maisy Langan, West Yorkshire.

Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Sarah L
Dear guest,

It is an absolute delight to hear that you deeply enjoyed our exceptional cuisine and its variety as well as the amazing animation team and our dedicated staff.

Best regards,

The Management.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maleme
Stella Palace Resort & Spa
Iberostar Creta Panorama & Mare
Kiani Beach Resort
Kiani Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in Kalami

Been to Louis Creta Princess Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!