We previously stayed at Mikes in September 2012 and gave it a well deserved review. We are generally ones who return to the same holiday destination, never mind the same hotel, however, due to our previous experience we decided to return here.
I think all previous reviews are spot on. Yes the beds are somewhat harder than we would normally use and yes the barman at the adjacent hotel can be irritating at times, however, they are only minor issues and are far outweighed by the clean spacious accommodation and the friendliness of all staff.
Everyone has mentioned Manos and Sophia and rightly so. They are first class hosts who cannot do enough to ensure everything is perfect for your stay. They are both kind and helpful, with excellent senses of humour. Maria and Katarina during the day and Joanna at night always have a genuine smile on their face and nothing is too much trouble.
Maleme is a quiet location, however, as stated numerous times the buses are very easy to use, being cheap and frequent and there are no issues with the staff understanding English.
Driving is also not a problem through-out Crete and I would recommend hiring a car for a few days as there is so much to see with outstanding beauty and incredible beaches. I would also recommend an incredible day at the Samaria Gorge, utterly outstanding.
Mikes has a high return rate and I know why. They have the perfect recipe for a perfect holiday, location, excellent accommodation, food that cannot be surpassed and a genuine friendliness that is unfortunately not found often enough these days. Will we return? no question about it and soon hopefully.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mike’s Studios & Apartments are situated on the beach in the village of Maleme, 17 kilometres west of Chania. The self-catering apartments are modern and spacious and are all surrounded by a beautiful tropical gardens. 100 metres away from the apartments is Mike's Hotel and Restaurant. Based on more traditional design, the hotel includes sea view or mountain view rooms. Enjoy Mediterranean specialties on the restaurant terrace gazing at the blue horizon of the Aegean Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon so you can book your Mike Hotel & Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mike Hotel And Apartments
- Mike Hotel & Apartments Maleme, Crete
- Mike Hotel máleme