“1,2,3,4,5”

Sunny Suites Apartments
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Maleme
Reviewed 19 June 2006

Just back from out 5th visit. quieter than usual but still a wonderful holiday. Manos was in good form and made our stay very enjoyable. Rooms have had some improvements and more plans for Sunny Suites for next year will make it even better than now. We are already thinking about our next visit. Thanks to all at Sunny Suites.

• Stayed: June 2005
1  Thank pipjo

Reviewed 6 January 2006

I too was dancing in the streets on Sunday 7th August 2005 until 4.00am. I went to Sunny Suite for the fifth time together with my partner and mother of 88 years young. We were picked up from the airport by Manos the Taxi driver, barman, entertainer etc. We love the place the people, food at the local beach restaurants, great pool, etc. etc. We were amazed that most of the people we have met at Sunny Suites over the years. We also visit friends back in England. Oh for our return.

• Stayed: August 2005
6  Thank 438stewart
Reviewed 21 June 2005

We're not sure why the American tourists haven't discovered Sunny Suites, but we're glad we found it. Malame is pretty far from the major sites, but Sunny Suites was a great spot for us to work from. If you're flying into Heraklion, prepare for a 2-3 hour drive out to Malame. Manos (our excellent host who's happy to help you plan your days) tells us you can also fly into Chania, which is about 20 minutes away and one of the most picturesque towns on the islands. This is a place for visitors who want to feel like they've arrived at their vacation home on Crete rather than a posh resort. It's spotlessly clean and run as well as some 5 stars we've stayed at, but at far less the price!

• Stayed: June 2005
5  Thank aaronandholly
Reviewed 9 October 2004

I can't remember how many times we have now stayed at Sunny Suites but we were there again in September 2004 and everything is much the same as it always is. Manos is undoubtedly an institution and it is a great shame that British tour operators have decided to pull out the Chania area in 2005. Nevertheless, I'm sure Manos's decision to go independent will reap its rewards and be a great success. OK, so now its going to be a bit more tricky making the travel arrangements but at least it should work out a bit cheaper. Sunny Suites is an exceptional place at which to spend a holiday. Its not the only place that we go to each year but it is definitely the best. I strongly recommend you contact Manos at ----------- to find out about the 2005 arrangements. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2004
10  Thank APR31
Reviewed 27 August 2004

I'd been looking foward to this holiday cause i'd been reading reviews on the hotel and Manos and it sounded really fun little did I know I was gonna pee myself with laughter because Manos kept chucking all the woman in the pool and having fights with the men in the pool on lilos and rubber rings! Come night time he had calmed down but got everyone drunk nearly everynight! He also handed out his logic puzzles (which if your drunk you don't really want to do one cause there really hard!)Come the next day you go downstairs with a hangover and lay on the sunbeds as far away as possible from Manos(whos normaly reading the newspaper at the bar or watching T.V)and thinking your safe, alonging comes Manos with a big grin on his face and next thing you know your in the pool!!! The only time your safe is when his having an afternoon nap or is round his Mums having dinner!! The hotel is about a 10 minute walk from the beach and theres a shop about 5 minutes away that has food(not like our shops). There is also two restaurants down the beach that serve good food, and there is also Manos's little brothers hotel down there to (Maleme Imperial) who(if he knows you) if he sees you will wave and shout hello! I'm going back next year for 2 weeks again, I can't wait, I'm really looking forward to going back. This is the best holiday ever!

4  Thank samlizgiles
A TripAdvisor Member
Felixstowe, Suffolk
Reviewed 23 June 2004

I loved it! Manos was excellent, infact hes wot made the holiday! If he wasnt behind the bar, reading newspapers or watching TV, he would either be having an afternoon nap, round hes mum and dads having tea or throwing people in the pool, in the pool himself or chucking the water from the ice cubes over the women! For us kids we were safe...unless everybody had gone to their rooms or they were in proper clothes and we were in are swim suites! But manos was great, I loved his lil bro Mikalos, he was just as outgoing and hyper as me! I only met Manos's other bro Andres(i think thats how you spell it!) (who won Greece's Big Brother) twice, once when he came round to give Manos some food for this family and the second time watching the Greece game at Mikalos's bar. I only got back yesturday and i've been looking at flights with Excell airlines because Thomas Cook and Jmc are pulling out of Chaina and no other tour operater with take Manos place, so you have to book a flight out to Chaina and then book the a room through Manos. We went for 2 weeks this year and are going again (hopefully) next year for 2 weeks!

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Liverpool, UK
Reviewed 15 May 2004

Well what can i say......i am very sad not to be returning to Sunny Suites this year as the JMC/Thomas Cook representative. I have now settled in the UK with a start of my career choice.I would like to wish all the 'regulars' a great holiday and for those of you who have never been but who are going this year you are heading to the amazing Sunny suites where a smile creates friendships and a cheeky grin will mean your about to be thrown into the pool....Manos. I cannot sing Sunny Suites praises enough and i am proud to say that Manos is an amazing person who is a pool of information and will do what he can to meet and exceed you holiday expectations. Thank you Manos and i look forward to hearing from you in soon. To all going back or for the first time. ENJOYBEX XX

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maleme
Ledra Maleme
Pegasus Hotel
Pegasus Hotel
#5 of 22 in Stalos
Maleme Mare Beachside Hotel

Been to Sunny Suites Apartments? Share your experiences!