We have just returned from 10 days at this wonderful beach front hotel in Rethymnon, Western Crete. I can't believe the last critical review I have just read, unbelievable. This hotel is a 5 star in every way. Comfortable modernised rooms and bathrooms, immaculately clean and the food is of the highest standard we have experienced this side of a cruise ship! As for no wi-fi in the rooms expressed in great horror in another review, there is wired internet in the rooms plus wi-fi in the lobby - no great problem for most people. We found all the staff from the managers to the maids smiley and welcoming, and certainly never experienced rude staff at all from anyone on any day. The restaurant staff are hard working, polite and delightful. The restaurant manager, Michalis, never seemed to be off duty and could not do enough for you including keeping the soup extra hot for me! He will laugh if he reads this. Then there is the wine waitress Varvara, all smiles and helpfulness. Agelika who constantly replenishes the vast choice of main dishes at dinner and Zabia who taught us some greek when serving us! The main reception staff are also extremely helpful and polite and speak German, English and French in equal measures! We found the entertainment to be just enough with some Greek dancing and some belly dancing; and the hotel also puts on things like guided walks and stops in bars free of charge - no complaints there then! The rooms are modern and the beds most comfortable. I would not say they are particulary small, just right. The bathrooms are an "acquired taste" in that there is no dividing wall from the room but there is a perfectly adequate door on the toilet and the shower which is the "rainforest" type and was the best we have experienced in Greece. The location is excellent as it is on the outskirts of the old town and a taxi will take you there for 5 euros or you can walk it in about 40 mins, it's 2 kilometres so not right in the thick of things if you like peace and quiet. We did notice some building noise next to the sister hotel, the Pearl Beach the day we left so that might be a problem but did not affect us in the Aegean Pearl. Some balconies face each other which might be off-putting is you like absolute privacy but hey, everyone's on holiday! There were a handful of children around but I would say it is more suited to adults as there is not much there for children as such, no playground or kids clubs etc; and the pool was a little small but with the beach just over the road we did not find that a problem. Overall a very clean, comfortable hotel with great staff and fantastic food. Would we go back? Most definitely!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SENTIDO Aegean Pearl is located on the Greek island Crete and is ideal for beach lovers who want to relax at the beach. The hotel is in the city Tethymnon on the island Crete. Next to the hotel there are many different shops, bars, restaurants and cafes. The beach promenade directly by the hotel, and is ideal for walks. You have got the possibility to take your breakfast at the main restaurant of the SENTIDO Aegean Pearl where a buffet is prepared to each meal. Moreover, you can enjoy your lunch at the snack bar which is directly next to the pool. In the evening you have got the possibility to choose between the buffet or the A la Carte-Restaurant. At the bar you can enjoy the sunset with a tasty drink. Many different watersport activities were offered next to the beach. The SENTIDO Aegean Pearl is in cooperation with the diving school where you can schedule diving lessons. Furthremore, in the evening the hotel offers entertainment shows. The SENTIDO Aegean Pearl offers 4 different types of rooms: Comfort double rooms; Double rooms with private pool; Family suites; Suites with sea view ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Jet2Holidays , Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your SENTIDO Aegean Pearl reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sentido Aegean Pearl Hotel Rethymnon
- SENTIDO Aegean Pearl Crete/Rethymnon