“Beautiful place, but too expensive!!”
Review of Agreco Farm

Agreco Farm
Ranked #90 of 359 Restaurants in Rethymnon
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Delving deep into Cretan tradition, Agreco, a fairytale traditional farm, has revived centuries-old organic farming practices in a unique expression of Greek 'philoxenia', or hospitality. This privately owned 40,000-sq estate is an innovative display of environmentally friendly methods for traditional and modern cultivation and breeding. On a hill near Rethymnon with vine yards and olive trees overlooking the infinite sea, don't miss a culinary experience, tasting diverse seasonal dishes based on the fruits of the land and the legendary nutritional Cretan cuisine. In the Agreco Taverna you will taste the very best of traditional Cretan cuisine. Only fresh, organic farm produce is used in the menu and the preparation is done entirely in the farm kitchens.
Athens, Greece
“Beautiful place, but too expensive!!”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

It's a beautiful place to visit, but the value for money is not worth it!!! 55 euros per person and 27 for the kids!!! Who are these people? Most of the visiting guests were Russians, and probably this is the target group.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank EL_Theo

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Tamworth, United Kingdom
“Perfect wedding.”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We got married here on 30th may 2013, and it was perfect. Our wedding planner Lisa in England from the bridal consultant and Anika the wedding planner in Crete organized our dream wedding.

The location, the weather, the venue decoration and the flowers were just perfect.

The food was delicious and plentiful. There is no bar so we paid for all the drinks in our wedding package which was waiter service. You didn't regally need to ask for a drink, your glass was topped up when nearly empty.

The staff were so friendly and made our day extra special by the standard of service and making sure we had everything we wanted.

The waitress serving the top table commented on how our wedding was like a movie! We had the best wedding day which was beyond our expectations.

Thank you to your staff for making our day so special. We just wish we could do it all again.

On reflection of our wedding day, we realized that no one had to queue at a bar for drinks. The waiter service and drinks package allowed our guests to enjoy themselves without spending most of the evening at the bar!!!

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank diamondprincess_11
Gloucester
“Great little escape”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Well worth a trip to see. Didn't try the food but understand it to be very good. Interesting to see how the olives are crushed and how the Raki is made. Staff very welcoming and friendly. Thank you Effy.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank ChrisGandTheBean
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Perfect Greek evening with local food”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

This was an absolute delight and the highlight of our stay on the Island of Crete.

It's all about the experience.
The farm is beautiful. Driving up to it we couldn't believe that was where we were going to eat. It looked like it belonged on the cover of a romance novel. The tour was incredibly enjoyable and makes you appreciate the food that much more.

Food.
My girlfriend is very into local/healthy food, and we were not disappointed. Every ingredient comes from the farm and it's the freshest thing you'll eat. Fresh lamb, fresh cheese, fresh hare... everything fresh. The wine flowed free too (and I mean free... It's as much as you can drink!) and I must have had half a dozen of the delicious plum/guava type fruits that were part of the three course DESSERT. Meals are family style and the most delightful British couple (and their lovely daughters) were seated across from us. Greek dancing at the end was a riot.

Total price? 55 euros per person. I was so pleased with the price that I tipped an extra 20 euros to a few of my favorite staffers.

If you have a way of getting there (we had a car rented) then I highly recommend it.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank NSD88
Rethymnon, Greece
“Very poor!”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Well, I was extremely disappointed,I have lived nearby for 8 years and felt a visit was in order, I paid my 5 euros to walk around, the buildings are very attractive, and the view is great. As we walked around I was suprised, how neglected it appeared , the Lake was laughable, , a concrete pool half full. the vegetables looked so sad. The most upsetting part was two dogs kept in a tiny run with what was approximately 30 kgs of their own excrement in the corner, I did not expect this, I do know this is realistic after seeing many dogs like this, however not here!I am sure at the start of the season it is more attractive when the vines are fresh and the planting is done but I do not think it is a place you should be charged to visit... This was a very difficult review, I really wanted to be enchanted but I was not!

• Visited October 2013