“Uncommon Accommodation. Great Value.”

Casa Maistra Residence
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Uncommon Accommodation. Great Value.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Finding this high quality apartment, with personal service, and attention to detail is rare. The apartment has everything you could need. I hesitate to set too high a bar for the gracious hosts, Karen and Marines, but I felt that if there was some need that wasn't fulfilled they would find a way to help solve any problem. The Agora suite finishes, decor, and supplies were high quality throughout the unit. Marines made many great suggestions for drives, restaurants, shopping, and special places to visit. It was very spacious with small kitchen, dining area, living area, and loft bedroom plus a rooftop terrace. There was even free telephone service to virtually anywhere in the world. Wifi was great. One should know that there are what some might say were faults, 10 minute walk to parking, street noise, and narrow stairs. All these things come with the territory of being in the heart of Rethymnon. With the quality and value of the apartment we found it easy to overcome these small things. I probably would have thought I would never visit Crete again, but the idea of returning to Casa Maistra keeps the thought of a return alive.

Room Tip: The Agora has windows to the street side. The other two units face the harbor, but with outdoor res...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Bristol
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

I regularly use Tripadvisor when booking or researching a holiday, but rarely posted a review myself. I feel I need to share my FANTASTIC experience of staying in this apartment. Marinos met us at the airport and we informed him that we were both Deaf; from my vast experience of travelling, I am normally met with a resistance to communicate and all in all have had bad experiences with people’s attitudes. Marinos’ attitude was amazing from the off, he used gesture and made a huge effort to communicate with us. He explained everything that we needed to know and also answered any questions we asked.

We were very impressed with the actual BEAUTIFUL apartment, it was clean and so much effort had been taken by lovely couple; Marinos and his wife (Karen) to make it homely and cosy. It did not feel like an apartment, it felt like home from home. Every morning we had the lovely surprise of a parcel on the doorstep containing fresh breakfast from the bakery. This was something that we had not expected and we felt like Father Christmas had visited!

I felt that we could trust Marinos and Karen’s opinion on local restaurants, places to visit and any relevant information we required. What I like about them, they did not promote or pressure us about going to particular places but instead they asked us what we liked to do or what food we liked to eat and then gave us their recommendations/provided us a lot of information on what we would like to know. Often on holiday it can feel like people are promoting restaurants or attractions because they are on commission; this was definitely not the case with Marinos and Karen.

Overall I would rate this apartment as OUTSTANDING and would recommend it to anyone. Clean, friendly, helpful and a great location, centre of Old Town, close to everything. I never usually return to one place for a holiday, but this is somewhere I would definitely return to in the future. I can’t praise it enough, fantastic!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Tarnowskie Góry, Polska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

I found this B&B on trip advisor and was everything we expected. Simple and warm interior, clean, cozy in very good location in center of old town. Thanks Karen (the owner) for this (only one) perfect day in Rethymnon, we feel like home!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

The best apartment we have ever stayed. Way much better than staying in a 5 star hotel. Well thought of. Very cozy. For the price, I find it cheap for what they can offer. I think they should increase their rate! Haha. We even got fresh bread delivered right at our doorstep every other morning by the owner.

I gave it a 4 coz I had difficulty sleepïng due to the noise from the restaurants just below the apartment where the main bedroom was located. I am very sensitive to noise. Husband and son slept like a baby though. :-)

Room Tip: Choose the top floor!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

Everything about Casa Maistra is perfect. The apartment was spacious, comfortable and beautifully decorated, and we instantly felt at home. There is everything you could ever want, and lots of little extras that made our holiday (including complimentary wine, fresh bread and pastries). The owners, Karen and Marinos, are so welcoming and hospitable, and do everything they can to make your holiday as perfect as possible. The location is great, right in the centre of the old town where all the shops and restaurants are (though once you shut the apartment door behind you, it's so quiet you'd never know). There is a beach opposite the apartment and the organized beach is a 5-10 minute walk away. One of the best places I have ever stayed and I would definitely go back!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Amy T
Rethymnon, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

Fabulous apartment in the very heart of the Old Town. We stayed in Sanorama Sea Suite: ecxellent arrangement, impressive interior, fully stocked kitchen, all toiletries, absoluse cleanness, friendly and helpful hostess. Simply the best holidays! Highly recommended for everyone.

Room Tip: All rooms are really nice. We stayed in Sea Panorama and just loved it.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank lijanafe
Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

last year I promised to be back and here I am to find my suite/appart (sea view) as I left it even better , more comfortable, more decorated , and our hosts, now friends Karen and Marinos more welcoming and more generous ….. details are useless to write ….it is the perfect around imperfection …..if ever in Rethymnon or even around Crete...

Room Tip: Sea View Apartment is our second home....
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple